Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes, I'm using iMacPro1,1.

Yes, I did not change the EFI folder and it's still using iMac18,3. This is for lowest common denominator.
It keeps the EFI folder compatible with even those who use IGPU only.

If you want to use iMacPro1,1, just open your config.plist in Clover Configurator and change SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, check the serial, save, and done.

Thank you for your advice and time.
I did change from iMac18,3 to iMacPro 1,1, and it went pretty well.
I am on the EFI Unified 5.1.0 and the only thing is that I lost control of my USB ports.
I had to remove my USBMap.kext and SSDT-USBX.aml from clover, reinstall USBInjectAll, reboot.
Then, I needed to make new USBMap.kext and SSDT-USBX.aml with USBMap,
remove USBInjectAll and reboot one last time before all went back to normal.

I also was hoping for that, but despite the Catalina beta, I haven't seen anything to speak of......

At the very least, Radeon VII performs on par with the Vega cards.

I'm still confident that Vega20 support will improve with the release of the new Mac Pros.

Ugg! That sucks. I just bought that card for my new build. My old system had wake issues so was finally looking forward to fixing them.

Now I need to decide if I should scrap the whole thing and just keep what I have.

Ugg! That sucks. I just bought that card for my new build. My old system had wake issues so was finally looking forward to fixing them.

Now I need to decide if I should scrap the whole thing and just keep what I have.

You should be fine. My issue was a defective card. I expect all to work as it should when I get a replacement Radeon VII.

If you are experiencing gradient color banding in Dashboard or Launchpad, Bustycat posted a fix here.

If you don't know what gradient color banding is, see picture below.
GradientBanding1.jpg

Last edited:
You should be fine. My issue was a defective card. I expect all to work as it should when I get a replacement Radeon VII.

It’s a great card and performs well using VR in Windows...bit better than my GTX 1080 Ti. Would hate to get rid of it but really want sleep to work this build.

Purchased an Asus Prime Z370-A II in new condition. Would have preferred the G version but didn’t want to attempt another used motherboard. Arriving tomorrow and will start assembling.

Confirming that this internal Blutooth Antenna works like a charm with the Apple BCM94360CS2 card. Both the Magic Keyboard and the Magic Trackpad 2 connected immediately to it and work very stable.

Hi pastry,

now my computer is running. Have some problems with power save, hope you can help me out. As soon as the computer goes to sleep, I can not wake it anymore. It sleeps and that is, only thing I can do is powering off/on.

Do you have any idea what I can check and how I can fix this?
Thanks!

Hi pastry,

now my computer is running. Have some problems with power save, hope you can help me out. As soon as the computer goes to sleep, I can not wake it anymore. It sleeps and that is, only thing I can do is powering off/on.

Do you have any idea what I can check and how I can fix this?
Thanks!

When you try to wake, what happens? No response? Computer wakes but monitor stays dark? Describe what happens.

I think probably computer wakes up as the power button starts blinking (like reading the disk) but other than that I do not see anything. The monitors don't get any signal and stay in deep sleep. This happens with one monitor as well as with all three of them.

I am not sure if the computer itself wake up or not, I just can't see it, but judging on the hdd light it might well wake up.

Also, what is strange is sometimes, pretty often actually, after booting, one of the three screen stays black. I need to plug out and in the cable in the graphics card in order to get it working (this is the 2nd monitor to one of the graphics cards), but then everything works solidly. As long as it doesn't go into powersave.

The monitors are all three Dell UltraSharp U2718Q 27" 4K displays

Last edited:
Back