Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

This doesn't sound right at all. When you updated to r4.4.4, did you copy your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to the config.plist that's included with r4.4.4 or did you use your old config.plist?

What kexts do you have in /Library/Extensions/?

Please post your entire EFI folder.

After a sleep reboot, does the system give you a crash report?

I'm using exactly your EFI folder, with precisely those 3 items in config.plist changed on each update.

My /Library/Extensions contains:

ACS6x.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
ArcMSR.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext
realtekALC.kext

There is no crash report after the reboot.

I'm using exactly your EFI folder, with precisely those 3 items in config.plist changed on each update.

My /Library/Extensions contains:

ACS6x.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
ArcMSR.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext
realtekALC.kext

There is no crash report after the reboot.

Delete the following from your /Library/Extensions/:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
realtekALC.kext

I deleted those three, rebooted, and tried sleep again. It still is a complete reboot on wake-up. :(

Is your graphics card working right? Are your monitors connected to your video card and nothing connected to the motherboard video outs? What connections are you using to connect the monitors?

Is your computer overclocked? What kind of power supply are you using? Does the computer sleep in Windows?

Is your graphics card working right? Are your monitors connected to your video card and nothing connected to the motherboard video outs? What connections are you using to connect the monitors?

Is your computer overclocked? What kind of power supply are you using? Does the computer sleep in Windows?

Video is working fine through the RX580's first DisplayPort. There is only a single monitor, and nothing is connected to the mainboard's HDMI or DP ports.

Not overclocked. It's a 750W power supply.

I have no idea whether sleep works in Windows... I don't have that OS. :)

Again, sleep worked perfectly fine ago, also under Mojave. I almost always used sleep only, i.e., actually almost never rebooted. That's why I am intensely noticing the problem now.

Video is working fine through the RX580's first DisplayPort. There is only a single monitor, and nothing is connected to the mainboard's HDMI or DP ports.

Not overclocked. It's a 750W power supply.

I have no idea whether sleep works in Windows... I don't have that OS. :)

Again, sleep worked perfectly fine ago, also under Mojave. I almost always used sleep only, i.e., actually almost never rebooted. That's why I am intensely noticing the problem now.

Have you re-enabled the IGPU in BIOS?

I don't know what is causing your sleep issues. I don't think were any changes in the EFI folders that could affect sleep like that. I've never experienced what you described in any of my hacks.

Have you re-enabled the IGPU in BIOS?

No, I still have IGPU disabled in BIOS... when I enable it, the monitor (connected to the RX580) stays black... neither the BIOS startup message, nor Clover, nor MacOS are shown through the RX580 with IGPU enabled. :-/

No, I still have IGPU disabled in BIOS... when I enable it, the monitor (connected to the RX580) stays black... neither the BIOS startup message, nor Clover, nor MacOS are shown through the RX580 with IGPU enabled. :-/

Try disabling CSM in BIOS.

is first disply PEG ? or igpu ?

Back