Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey just curious what kinds of speeds are you getting off of that MacBook Air WiFi card? I have 400Mbps Internet, and I can only get 90Mbps on my WiFi card and wanting to upgrade.

Seems pretty good from here....

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.00.53 PM.png

So is the 8700K really native power management? Or it needs the custom SSDT power management script? I only see the 7700K on iMacs, not the 8700K.

So is the 8700K really native power management? Or it needs the custom SSDT power management script? I only see the 7700K on iMacs, not the 8700K.

Yup. Native power management.

Yup. Native power management.
Thanks. Hope you can answer this question. Which motherboard to get, the Maximus X or the Gigabyte Gaming 7? Both are exactly at the same price? Also, how stable it is compared to a real Mac? I'm coming from an AMD hackintosh but there are crashes.

Thanks. Hope you can answer this question. Which motherboard to get, the Maximus X or the Gigabyte Gaming 7? Both are exactly at the same price? Also, how stable it is compared to a real Mac? I'm coming from an AMD hackintosh but there are crashes.

I've only ever owned Asus motherboards so I don't know how good the Gigabyte boards are... I don't have any complaints with the Asus motherboards I've owned which is why I keep going back to them...

My system has been extremely stable.

On High Sierra:
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 2.47.41 PM.png

On Mojave:
Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.33.08 PM.png

I've only ever owned Asus motherboards so I don't know how good the Gigabyte boards are... I don't have any complaints with the Asus motherboards I've owned which is why I keep going back to them...

My system has been extremely stable.

On High Sierra:
View attachment 356618

On Mojave:
View attachment 356619
Thanks , well this guide isn't still updated to Mojave ,but I will go with the ASUS, do you recommend a M2 ssd over an normal SSD ? Do I need external Kexts for the M2? Also I have already a Asus Strix Top RX 580, that works out of box fully acceleration support ?

Thanks , well this guide isn't still updated to Mojave ,but I will go with the ASUS, do you recommend a M2 ssd over an normal SSD ? Do I need external Kexts for the M2? Also I have already a Asus Strix Top RX 580, that works out of box fully acceleration support ?

Either M.2 or normal SSD will work fine. It's up to you which you prefer. Obviously, M.2 is faster to work with. On High Sierra and Mojave, most M.2 SSDs work fine. Just stay away from the Samsung PM981.

RX 580 should work fine. Just use Lilu and WhateverGreen with it.

Speeds look great! I know this was setup almost a year ago, would you still recommend this wifi/bluetooth setup or you have a new one in mind? Thanks!

You can get more speed from the three antenna BCM94360CS (AX):
s-l1600.jpg

Or the four antenna BCM94360CD:
s-l500.jpg

Both of these are capable of 1300Mbps vs 867Mbps of the BCM94360CS2.

The motherboard backplate and cage for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card was designed for two antennas in mind... I didn't want to do any drilling or route any wiring so I just went with the 867Mbps BCM94360CS2 to keep everything nice and neat. It's up to you which you go with.

Either M.2 or normal SSD will work fine. It's up to you which you prefer. Obviously, M.2 is faster to work with. On High Sierra and Mojave, most M.2 SSDs work fine. Just stay away from the Samsung PM981.

RX 580 should work fine. Just use Lilu and WhateverGreen with it.
I will definitely get the M2, so if I don't use lilu or whatever green the Rx 580 will not work? Thought it was native plug and play. I see that you have some usb maping but on the storks build he doesn't do anything of that ,I just don't want to use your mobo because I prefer atx .

Back