Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ah that's
Yes, you must remove HS07 from your uia_exclude= list because that is used by the Bluetooth.
It's working, thanks alot!
Do I need to add another port to exclude? Now i excluded HS14 instead of HS07.

Once again, thanks so much for this thread. I now have a computer working fantastic! :)

Ah that's

It's working, thanks alot!
Do I need to add another port to exclude? Now i excluded HS14 instead of HS07.

Once again, thanks so much for this thread. I now have a computer working fantastic! :)

Yes, you must exclude at least 11 ports to bring to total down to 15.

Yes, you must exclude at least 11 ports to bring to total down to 15.
Ok wifi and BT is working fine, however a new bug with sleep appeared after this fix. It only sleeps for a few minutes and then wakes up with this wake reason. Never appeared in the log before.

Wake reason: PEG1 PEGP PEG2 PEGP PXSX RP10 PXSX RP11 PXSX RP12 PXSX RP13 PXSX PXSX RP02 PXSX RP04 PXSX PXSX RP06 PXSX RP07 PXSX RP08 PXSX P

Could it be something with the wifi/bt affecting this, any ideas?

Ok wifi and BT is working fine, however a new bug with sleep appeared after this fix. It only sleeps for a few minutes and then wakes up with this wake reason. Never appeared in the log before.

Wake reason: PEG1 PEGP PEG2 PEGP PXSX RP10 PXSX RP11 PXSX RP12 PXSX RP13 PXSX PXSX RP02 PXSX RP04 PXSX PXSX RP06 PXSX RP07 PXSX RP08 PXSX P

Could it be something with the wifi/bt affecting this, any ideas?

Look at post #3186. I get that too. I don't know if it's a "bug" or normal.

If your system was sleeping fine without the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, you can try disabling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in BIOS to see if it sleeps again. If it does, you may have a defective Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

I have already mapped out the USB ports and have created the .aml and .dsl files. They are linked at the bottom of this post. Remember, even with the use of this SSDT-USB.aml file, you should have the XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in your /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other/ folder and you still have to use the uia_exclude custom flag (in Boot section of Clover Configurator) in your config.plist to bring the total port count to 13 or less (the last two ports are used by the two USB 3.1 gen 2 ports). One great thing about this motherboard is that you can just disable internal USB2 ports and the two external USB2 ports and be at exactly 15 ports. This leaves the 4th USB2 for Bluetooth.
  1. Download the Strix Z370 USB ports.aml file.
  2. Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml.
  3. Copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/, and, lastly.
  4. Add your uia_exclude boot argument to config.plist.
  5. Disable all the USB 15 port limit KextsToPatches in config.plist.
How did you complete steps #4 and #5? The two usb ports in the back of my mobo are not working, which is a good sign.

Attachments

• Boot.png
    Boot.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Kernel kext patches.png
    Kernel kext patches.png
    327.3 KB · Views: 99
How did you complete steps #4 and #5? The two usb ports in the back of my mobo are not working, which is a good sign.

Your uia_exclude= list looks fine.

You need to disable the following:
Kernel kext patches.png

Did you get through the macOS installation?

Your uia_exclude= list looks fine.

You need to disable the following:
View attachment 349449

Did you get through the macOS installation?
I did yeah!!! :) I am beyond happy and relieved. I spent half a week troubleshooting and it turned out to be a simple fix. I updated my original post to include the solution.

Basically wiped my macbook and did a clean install of El Capitan. From there I downloaded macOS High Sierra.
Originally I only able to get the partial install of High Sierra downloaded (~19 mb) and had to use the patch. With the clean install, I was able to get the full 5gb version of macOS High Sierra.

I did yeah!!! :) I am beyond happy and relieved. I spent half a week troubleshooting and it turned out to be a simple fix. I updated my original post to include the solution.

Basically wiped my macbook and did a clean install of El Capitan. From there I downloaded macOS High Sierra.
Originally I only able to get the partial install of High Sierra downloaded (~19 mb) and had to use the patch. With the clean install, I was able to get the full 5gb version of macOS High Sierra.

Glad to hear you fixed it!!

For the last few years, I've have been using a jury-rigged IR receiver that I pulled from an old MacBook so that I can can control iTunes or VLC or just adjust the volume of my system. Last week, I found a cleaner solution... This little nub is a USB IR receiver that works OOB with macOS and is seen by macOS as an Apple IR receiver. It works with either the white or aluminum Apple Remotes and just makes my hack that much more like a a real iMac.

s-l300.jpg Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.48.12 PM.png

Receiver can be purchased here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SmartGUS-IR-Apple-Remote-Receiver-for-Apple-Mac-iMac-MacBook-computers/323379073978?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Apple Remote can be purchased here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-Control-for-Apple-TV-2-3-A1469-A1427-A1378-and-MacBooks-with-IR-port/273364931301?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

*Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either of these sellers in any way. I'm just a customer who purchased from them. The seller of the IR receiver is from Europe but I received mine in less than a week.

Last edited:
Hey Chef,

Is there a way to control MB fans?
HW monitor doesn't seem to work for fan control, always asks to enter password for HWmonitor helper and nothing changes. FakeSMC is in EFI.
Particularly I'm interested in control of CPU and exhaust fans.

Back