Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

through this method flash the dual bios does not remain intact? is not just just one bios rewritten? I searched and I can not find command... can you help me?

Yes there are two BIOS selections access via physical switch on the video card.

for those using this build guide, do you recall what selection you made for your " intended System Definition from the list" in Clover?

config.plist. SMBIOS section.

...I just checked the link for 8.1 in post #1 and it works.
UniBeast v8.3.2 is the current version as of this time/date. I highly recommend you use v8.3.2 (and, @pastrychef, please link to it).

config.plist. SMBIOS section.
My original question was meant to clarify if you selected iMac 18,3 when you generated the new SMBIOS profile for your build.

I've got my new system up and running based on this build (which I picked largely due to the detailed documentation, very nice!), and I'm in the post-install optimization stage. I have a question about the USB fix...

I understand that I need to exclude a number of the USB ports (from the ones listed in the .dsl and .aml files) to bring the total number down to 15. In the screenshot 'This is how mine looks' the ports are listed:
uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10
but, some of those excluded ports do not exist in the .dsl file (there is no HS08, and no SS07,SS08,SS09,SS10) - so I am confused - is this uia_exclude correct for the attached .dsl and .aml files?

Thanks for any clarification!

I've got my new system up and running based on this build (which I picked largely due to the detailed documentation, very nice!), and I'm in the post-install optimization stage. I have a question about the USB fix...

I understand that I need to exclude a number of the USB ports (from the ones listed in the .dsl and .aml files) to bring the total number down to 15. In the screenshot 'This is how mine looks' the ports are listed:
uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10
but, some of those excluded ports do not exist in the .dsl file (there is no HS08, and no SS07,SS08,SS09,SS10) - so I am confused - is this uia_exclude correct for the attached .dsl and .aml files?

Thanks for any clarification!

The Z370 chipset provides 26 ports. On most (all?) motherboards, not all 26 are used. The ones that are not used are not in the .aml or .dsl files. The ones that are not used can therefore be excluded.

The Z370 chipset provides 26 ports. On most (all?) motherboards, not all 26 are used. The ones that are not used are not in the .aml or .dsl files. The ones that are not used can therefore be excluded.

Got it, I didn't understand the 26 port total, so 26 minus the 11 in the uia_exclude = 15.

Got it, I didn't understand the 26 port total, so 26 minus the 11 in the uia_exclude = 15.

Yes. Correct. If you have 11 ports in uia_exclude=, you will be fine.

@pastrychef I'm using the latest 10.14 Mojave PB and implemented your latest changes "ig-platform-id changed to Coffee Lake" from v4.4 of your EFI and find that now the system immediately wakes after I put it to sleep, do you experience this too?

@pastrychef I'm using the latest 10.14 Mojave PB and implemented your latest changes "ig-platform-id changed to Coffee Lake" from v4.4 of your EFI and find that now the system immediately wakes after I put it to sleep, do you experience this too?

I had the same problem initially. Do you have a lot of background programs running that was installed under High Sierra? I removed an old version of Istat Menu.

I'm also using hardware definition "iMacPro1,1"

After that it is working flawlessly with Mojave.

Back