Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

When I push Sleep screen turns off, but it takes up to 2 minutes for fans to stop and computer to actually sleep.
When I try to wake it, no reaction. Screen black and nothing.
I'm using DisplayPort.

Removing WhateverGreen didn't help.

Do you have SSDT for USB implemented? Don't expect sleep/wake to work well until it is. Instructions are on post #1.

Also, you can try waking by pressing the power button.

Last edited:
What happens when you try to wake the computer? What connection are you using for your monitor? DisplayPort? HDMI?

You can try removing WhateverGreen.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other/ to see if it helps your wake issue.

Remember to keep a working EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive in the event of an emergency.

Well, didn't do that... will do the first thing in the morning.

May be I'm exaggerating, does this plot look weird to you or it is fine? This is IDLE:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 9.50.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 9.50.19 PM.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 87
Well, didn't do that... will do the first thing in the morning.

May be I'm exaggerating, does this plot look weird to you or it is fine? This is IDLE:

Not sure what I'm looking at... Impossible to tell without knowing what's running. Even if you aren't doing anything on the computer, macOS might be doing stuff such as Time Machine backups.

Well, the darker line is CPU package frequency, lighter is CPU package average in HWmonitor.

I don't think macOS does anything, time machine is disabled.

Here is screenshot of activity monitor.

Could you please share your CPU frequency from HWmonitor during IDLE? off course if you have HWmonitor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 10.49.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 10.49.13 PM.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 11.00.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 11.00.00 PM.png
    220 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Use Intel Power Gadget, I find it more reliable than HWMonitor for frequency and temps.

Thats what my CPU looks like when I am not doing much of anything. When I open a game or some design software that my Freq gets pegged at max freq and even then it has some flux! Even when I have a windows VM open but I am idle the freq has some Flux to it...

PS i asm looking at Intel Power Gadget

Hi pastrychef,
I completed my build in macOS Mojave,but I can't figure why my CPU fans can't go to desired BIOS settings (on High Sierra it was the same).
In my BIOS I set my fans at 70 C- 100% but after boot macOS takes control of the fans.
I can see that at 70 C my fans are 2200 rpm with HWMonitor, but can't go to 3000 rpm.
My fans are EK Vardar FF5 3000rpm.
How do you control your fans?
They are 3000Rpm and PWM.
On Bios I set it to PWM instead of DC.
Are there some kext that controls fans in macOS?

Last edited:
Well, the darker line is CPU package frequency, lighter is CPU package average in HWmonitor.

I don't think macOS does anything, time machine is disabled.

Here is screenshot of activity monitor.

Could you please share your CPU frequency from HWmonitor during IDLE? off course if you have HWmonitor.

I don't see anything wrong. It looks normal to me.

Hi pastrychef,
I completed my build in macOS Mojave,but I can't figure why my CPU fans can't go to desired BIOS settings (on High Sierra it was the same).
In my BIOS I set my fans at 70 C- 100% but after boot macOS takes control of the fans.
I can see that at 70 C my fans are 2200 rpm with HWMonitor, but can't go to 3000 rpm.
My fans are EK Vardar FF5 3000rpm.
How do you control your fans?
They are 3000Rpm and PWM.
On Bios I set it to PWM instead of DC.
Are there some kext that controls fans in macOS?

As I've said before, I am not even going to try and offer any advice on beta versions of macOS.

I have never tried running any fan control software on a hackintosh. I've always allowed BIOS to manage fan speeds. I am unaware of any special kexts for fan control. I that when my CPU is pushed to 100% usage, my fans ramp up and my temps never hit 80C.

When you push your CPU to 100%, what are your temps?

Try entering the following in to Terminal and watch CPU temps and fan speeds:
Code:
yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null &

Last edited:
My 8700K goes up to 80 C...(here ambient temps are around 37 C)
No Delid,stock freq,LLC Level 3,MCE OFF,XMP 16-18-38 1.35V DDR4 3000MHZ
Also can't monitor cpu vcore(show 0.544V at max TDP)
I think some FakeSMC not already updated.
I settled my fans to goes to maximum at 70C,but are around 2200rpm so can't reach 3000 rpm.

Last edited:
Back