Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Apple Magic Mouse

Thank you, @pastrychef, first of all for this very insightful tutorial. It helped me a lot with usb and other quirks!

You said that you are using Apple Magic Mouse. Does your Bluetooth module keep the connection to the mouse even when mac sleeps?

I am using Broadband BCM943602CS and Apple Magic Mouse v1 with Apple Magic Keyboard v1 BT
Everything works flawlessly, but when system sleeps bluetooth looses connection to the devices somehow (power indicator on BT module card though is on) and very slowly reconnects on wake and obviously I can't use BT keyboard to wake up my system.

Maybe you have some ideas?

Thank you, @pastrychef, first of all for this very insightful tutorial. It helped me a lot with usb and other quirks!

You said that you are using Apple Magic Mouse. Does your Bluetooth module keep the connection to the mouse even when mac sleeps?

I am using Broadband BCM943602CS and Apple Magic Mouse v1 with Apple Magic Keyboard v1 BT
Everything works flawlessly, but when system sleeps bluetooth looses connection to the devices somehow (power indicator on BT module card though is on) and very slowly reconnects on wake and obviously I can't use BT keyboard to wake up my system.

• I use Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 1.
  • Both work fine after waking from sleep.
  • I am also able to wake the computer by clicking on either of them.
  • The Magic Mouse (I didn't test Magic Trackpad) also works in BIOS.
  • There is no delay to reconnect either device upon wake.
I have my BCM94360CS2 connected via an adaptor to the M.2 vacated by the original Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. I believe this is the reason why my Bluetooth behaves more like a real Mac is due to my using the M.2 slot. I compared Bluetooth behavior with another user who had the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G motherboard without built-in Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and he was not able to get his BCM94360CS2 connected via PCI-e and USB2 header to behave as mine does and eventually returned his motherboard for one with the M.2 slot.

P.S.: Please fill out your profile with your motherboard, CPU, and GPU info. It will help make it easier for others to help you.

Thank you for the quick reply!

The Magic Mouse (I didn't test Magic Trackpad) also works in BIOS.

This actually an interesting point. I need to check it as well.

I have my BCM94360CS2 connected via an adaptor to the M.2 vacated by the original Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

I also have this setup simulating "native" module. ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card.

61HWPQxWLTL._SL1000_.jpg

Everything is obviously connected.

I have these kexts installed, which might be related:
  • FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • XHCI-200-series-injector.kext with your SSDT-USB.dsl SSDT-USB.aml files
Before installing Brcm mac was constantly loosing/reconnecting randomly bluetooth module.

Upd: Only thing which really confuses me is that I had to install all these kexts in order to get bluetooth natively working, however it's said for my adapter with BCM94360CS2 "drop in" installation. Maybe I overinstalled something?!

Last edited:
I have these kexts installed, which might be related:
  • FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
I don't have any of those installed. They are not needed for Apple branded Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards.

I use one of these adaptors:
254837-b387e94d817a471e59a62c2d9d52a18c.jpg
And it is plugged directly in to the M.2 slot vacated by the original Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card:
264163-76b542edeb75ca8a66ce2390ed7aafbb.jpg

As I said, I think using the M.2 slot is the difference. The BIOS probably treats it differently than when you use a PCI-e adaptor.

All of the above info is covered in post #40.

For the people with audio loss after sleep using the UHD630 EFI, turn on "FixHDA" in Acpi fixes. Works for me.

Hi, haven't checked the forum in a few days and just saw today that there's a new security update. Does it break anything and should I update my EFI to r3.2 and my BIOS to the latest version? Thanks!

Hi, haven't checked the forum in a few days and just saw today that there's a new security update. Does it break anything and should I update my EFI to r3.2 and my BIOS to the latest version? Thanks!

The 2018-001 Security Update was released about 2.5 weeks ago. No problems updating via App Store.

Updating to r3.2 is a good idea.

Latest BIOS works fine.

The 2018-001 Security Update was released about 2.5 weeks ago. No problems updating via App Store.

Updating to r3.2 is a good idea.

Latest BIOS works fine.
Thanks!!!

I'm using the same wifi/BT card as you in a PCI-e adapter. I have a very similar issue in that BT does not work after sleep. Interestingly you say it very slowly reconnects, I'm not sure mine ever reconnects.

I've just bought the parts pastrychef is using to give that a try as he has 100% working system with that. It's the only thing that isn't really working properly for me. I'll report back in a few days once all the parts arrive.

I'm using the same wifi/BT card as you in a PCI-e adapter. I have a very similar issue in that BT does not work after sleep. Interestingly you say it very slowly reconnects, I'm not sure mine ever reconnects.

I've just bought the parts pastrychef is using to give that a try as he has 100% working system with that. It's the only thing that isn't really working properly for me. I'll report back in a few days once all the parts arrive.

I can also confirm that bluetooth and wifi work perfectly fine after sleep using the m.2 slot.

Back