Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Are you using Clover Configurator to make that patch? I ask because it's not ready for a copy & paste into config.plist.

Yes, I used Clover Configurator.

Using a text editor should be:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driverusb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>

It sounds like things are working pretty well with the update and patches, except for potential flickering issues with the UHD630 graphics, for those of us without a separate GPU. Anybody having luck getting that to work? From what I read elsewhere in the forums (e.g., https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-update.248292/page-18#post-1718566), changing the SMBIOS from 18,3 to 18,1 solved it.

Would like to see a confirmation from someone with a setup close to mine before taking the plunge.

@pastrychef I've pretty much the same setup and I've just upgraded to 10.13.4 first via AppStore, then via combo update. After the update, I've downloaded your latest EFI folder, replaced mine, copied serials and UUID's, followed the instructions from #1 post updates till 7th update. Everything seems to be working (that being seid, I just did it) except for two things: GPU fans are spinning full power just as they did on 10.13.3, and what's most annoying, the Magic Mouse stutters every few seconds even on simple cursor movement. I've tested a USB mouse and it does the same thing, so it can't be the bluetooth of the Magic Mouse. Any ideas what's going on?

Are you using Clover Configurator to make that patch? I ask because it's not ready for a copy & paste into config.plist.
Hey Thanks I forgot to keep checking for updates...fcpx is working way better now.The Bruce test time have improved by half. Is that normal? Also is it worth it to move to the Vega 56/64 over the 580 will I see or feel any real difference?

@pastrychef I've pretty much the same setup and I've just upgraded to 10.13.4 first via AppStore, then via combo update. After the update, I've downloaded your latest EFI folder, replaced mine, copied serials and UUID's, followed the instructions from #1 post updates till 7th update. Everything seems to be working (that being seid, I just did it) except for two things: GPU fans are spinning full power just as they did on 10.13.3, and what's most annoying, the Magic Mouse stutters every few seconds even on simple cursor movement. I've tested a USB mouse and it does the same thing, so it can't be the bluetooth of the Magic Mouse. Any ideas what's going on?

My GPU fan seems to operate at different levels at different times. It seems noisy sometimes and I don't notice it other times... But I think overall, it's a bit better than with 10.13.3. All of this is just based on my impressions and I could be completely off base. I also had a guest at my place for the last few days so it's been a bit noisier than normal...

I did experience a bit of mouse stutter this morning, but I thought it may have been because my iPhone was on the desk and I was updating software on it. I'll continue to watch for mouse stutters and report if I notice anything abnormal.

Thanks! That seems to have worked.
The only thing I do not have working is a USB3 SATA Dock by Sabrent. It seem to have a JMicron chip in it. There does not seem to be drivers.

Hmm... Those usually don't require any drivers... Don't know why it's not working for you.

Hmm... Those usually don't require any drivers... Don't know why it's not working for you.

Thanks for answering so quickly.
I discovered It is working if I plug it in the USB3.0 (blue ports) and not working in the USB 3.1 (red port)
I thought they would be down compatible.
Frankly at this point is quite stable, all USB seem working (more or less ;-) and I'm not going to fiddle with it anymore(for a few days at least)

The only thing I'd like to solve is the booting video.
The only way I found to have both the DVI-DL and the DP port working only RX560 is to set it up with CPUGraphic as primary boot screen (beats me why).
But I can live with it until 10.13.4 gets settled.

Thanks again for you constant incredible help.
If you come to NYC ever I'd love to buy you a drink, (if you are older than 21 of course).

Thanks for answering so quickly.
I discovered It is working if I plug it in the USB3.0 (blue ports) and not working in the USB 3.1 (red port)
I thought they would be down compatible.
Frankly at this point is quite stable, all USB seem working (more or less ;-) and I'm not going to fiddle with it anymore(for a few days at least)

The only thing I'd like to solve is the booting video.
The only way I found to have both the DVI-DL and the DP port working only RX560 is to set it up with CPUGraphic as primary boot screen (beats me why).
But I can live with it until 10.13.4 gets settled.

Thanks again for you constant incredible help.
If you come to NYC ever I'd love to buy you a drink, (if you are older than 21 of course).

Try disabling Radeon DeInit in your config.plist and installing WhateverGreen.kext to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder and see if it helps with your graphics.

I'm a native Manhattanite. Lol. Born, bred, and raised.

It looks like you have it set to power off on it's own...

AutoPowerOff Enabled: 1

You can also disable hibernate:
Resource: [Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops | tonymacx86.com

*Direct quote from above guide:
"Be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

And it may be a good idea to disable the other hibernation related options:"
Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Thanks for your detailed reply! Problem is solved! Really Happy.

But... here is that old issue about audio.

After updating to 10.13.14, HDMI/DP audio disappears again... Moreover, my Onboard audio currently suffers from audio loss problem after long sleep (say, for a night) even if I have installed the CodecCommander.kext.

I have updated the NvidiaGraphicsFixUp, shiki and AppleALC to latest version, but it just does not help.

1. For the audio loss after long sleep issue

I find in in AppleALC repo FAQ https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions, it suggests removing CodecCommander.kext.
You must remove any of them except the DSDT edits in any form (be that done via your bootloader or by manually written SSDT files) and CodecCommander.kext if you use it.

I guess this is why CodecCommander does not solve the problem ?

2. For the HDMI/DP audio disappears issue

According to the AppleALC repo, it seems DSDT modifications is needed. In rog z370-g motherboard, layout-id = 1,2,5,7. But I did not find any DSDT patch in the efi files.
I see that
Code:
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>
in config.plist. But could that be not enough to solve HDMI/DP audio problem?

I am too confused...

Many thanks for your constant explanation and support. If you visit China one day, I'd like to treat you to a good dinner. :)

Back