Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Maybe you can try to OpenCore EFI to see if it makes any difference. When using the OpenCore EFI, please disable IGPU in BIOS.

As always, make backups of everything before trying.
Thanks for the suggestion. By disabling the iGPU I'll lose Hardware Encoding support right?

I checked with my partners they told me they only use Firewire devices because they have not bought anything new in a very long time so dead end there.

It is possible that using a powered USB HUB could rectify the situation if it is a voltage problem.

Hopefully in the Audio section you might find someone that has some experience with Audio devices experiencing Lag. On my Strix rig I use a USB sound card because I could never get the mic to work correctly.
It's not really lag/latency. It's like a short repeated 1-second echo. It stutters like 2 or 3 times then returns to normal. A powered hub is a good idea. I'll try that. Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Thanks for the suggestion. By disabling the iGPU I'll lose Hardware Encoding support right?

It's not really lag/latency, it's like a short repeated 1-second echo, it stutters like 2 or 3 times then returns to normal. A powered hub is a good idea, i'll try that, thanks, I appreciate your help.

If you are using iMac Pro 1,1 then no you will not lose hardware encoding support. As for your audio issues how much memory do you have? I was cruzing the Audio forums and there is a post where a member describes something similar and it was resolved when they upgraded to 32gb of memory.

Last edited:
Not to discount that it could help... But for my own mind what does OpenCore do differently than Clover? Does it not use the same kext to work? I have not really had the time to look into using OpenCore even though I know that it is the way of the future.

OpenCore has been incorporating more and more of the acidanthera drivers and kexts in to the OpenCore bootloader itself. For example, some features of AptioMemoryFix are now part of OpenCore and VirtualSMC is now part of OpenCore.

What you lose is Quick Sync. However, most apps should be able to use your Vega 64 for hardware acceleration instead.

OpenCore has been incorporating more and more of the acidanthera drivers and kexts in to the OpenCore bootloader itself. For example, some features of AptioMemoryFix are now part of OpenCore and VirtualSMC is now part of OpenCore.

So then at some point kexts will no longer really exist since apple has plans to do away with them?

So then at some point kexts will no longer really exist since apple has plans to do away with them?

I have no idea what the guys at acidanthera have planned for the future. But, as of today, things like Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen are still being updated.

Hi there,

I'm looking into OpenCore...
What plist editor do you suggest?
I've been looking into your config.plist. It's quite long...
Does OpenCore have an interface at boot for booting into multiple systems?

Thanks for your help.

Hi there,

I'm looking into OpenCore...
What plist editor do you suggest?
I've been looking into your config.plist. It's quite long...
Does OpenCore have an interface at boot for booting into multiple systems?

Thanks for your help.

Currently, in the opinions of many, it's best to stick with either Xcode or use PlistEdit Pro.

Yes, the OpenCore has a boot menu to boot in to other operating systems. However, it's an all text boot menu.

Keep in mind that when booting other operating systems from the OpenCore boot menu, the other operating systems will think that they are booting from a Mac, as it is defined in your config.plist. That means that the Bootcamp Utilities will install without complaint.

If you want other operating systems to boot believing they are booting from a standard PC, use the BIOS boot menu.

@pastrychef do you have OC EFI for Z390? If you have could you please share it with me?

@pastrychef do you have OC EFI for Z390? If you have could you please share it with me?

I do, but I won't have access to my Z390 system until at least tomorrow. I'll post it for you when I'm on it.

Back