Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it stops. To boot in verbose, press the Space bar at the Clover boot menu and select verbose.

Wacom doesn't have drivers for Catalina?
the system freezes at the last stage. There are drivers for Catalina, but for some reason I have problems =(

Attachments

• IMG_20191209_211730.jpg
    IMG_20191209_211730.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20191209_211635.jpg
    IMG_20191209_211635.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 38
the system freezes at the last stage. There are drivers for Catalina, but for some reason I have problems =(

You are getting "still waiting for boot device" error. This usually means USB or flash drive problem.

Try a different USB port or different USB flash drive and/or redo your USB installer.

I think you should find out what's wrong with the Wacom drivers rather than revert backwards to Mojave.

You are getting "still waiting for boot device" error. This usually means USB or flash drive problem.

Try a different USB port or different USB flash drive and/or redo your USB installer.

I think you should find out what's wrong with the Wacom drivers rather than revert backwards to Mojave.
Thanks, I'll try.
I contacted Wacom technical support. They offer a solution to the problem. But that did not help me. I checked the tablet on macbook pro 2017 (Catalina) and everything works fine. I think there are problems with the protection and confidentiality of the Catalina system...
The problem by the way is not only mine. Many users complain about Catalina. It helps some people to create a new user in the system. After that, the tablet works. But it didn't help me.

Thanks, I'll try.
I contacted Wacom technical support. They offer a solution to the problem. But that did not help me. I checked the tablet on macbook pro 2017 (Catalina) and everything works fine. I think there are problems with the protection and confidentiality of the Catalina system...
The problem by the way is not only mine. Many users complain about Catalina. It helps some people to create a new user in the system. After that, the tablet works. But it didn't help me.

You can try disabling SIP to see if it helps.

Run kextstat to make sure the Wacom kexts are loading.

You can try disabling SIP to see if it helps.

Run kextstat to make sure the Wacom kexts are loading.
I disabled SIP. But this did not help, unfortunately. The tablet is detected in the system, but it does not work correctly. Pressing the stylus works, but moving the stylus does not work.
I also have a problem installing 10.14.6. I tried to connect a USB flash drive to all USB ports, but the download error is the same. Today is not my day = (

I disabled SIP. But this did not help, unfortunately. The tablet is detected in the system, but it does not work correctly. Pressing the stylus works, but moving the stylus does not work.
I also have a problem installing 10.14.6. I tried to connect a USB flash drive to all USB ports, but the download error is the same. Today is not my day = (

The problem is almost certainly USB related. Maybe try a different USB flash drive.

Enter "kextstat" in Terminal to make sure that the Wacom drivers are loading.

It doesn't matter that you're still on Mojave, you can still update Clover. Updates are not just for compatibility of newer versions of macOS, they often also contain bug fixes.

You mean update Clover to the latest version and then use the CLOVER directory modified by you?
Which version are you running/ used for the modification?

Copy the SSDT for USB file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
Disable or delete the 15 port limit patches.
Delete /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext.

Is this correct and complete, do I miss something?

1. copy over the new CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-4-xh_rvp08.aml
2. copy over the new CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt-usbx.aml
3. delete the old CLOVER/kext/Other/USBInjectAll.kext
4. delete the old CLOVER/kext/Other/USBPorts.kext

Or, you can create your own USB aml/kext following directions here.

At some point in time I was trying and I did it two times but then had issues with not being able to boot, so I reverted back, basically removing the USB patch.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
You mean update Clover to the latest version and then use the CLOVER directory modified by you?
Which version are you running/ used for the modification?

Just use the EFI that I posted without making changes to it. You keep having problems because you are mixing and matching drivers, kexts, and Clover version.

I never mixed and matched anything, until now at least.
For now the mixed CLOVER works fine. I think because of the two new SSDT* files and the removed USB*.kext files?
Please let me know if the four steps from my previous message are sufficient or I am missing something?

I can't just use your EFI as I also have a 2nd hard drive with windows on it, so I need to move at least the EFI WINDOWS directory into your EFI. And then also upgrade Clover, right - to the latest version or any specific?

Also, in the EFI you posted you removed VegaTab_64.kext I had for my Vega cards, is this ok?

I never mixed and matched anything, until now at least.
For now the mixed CLOVER works fine. I think because of the two new SSDT* files and the removed USB*.kext files?
Please let me know if the four steps from my previous message are sufficient or I am missing something?

I can't just use your EFI as I also have a 2nd hard drive with windows on it, so I need to move at least the EFI WINDOWS directory into your EFI. And then also upgrade Clover, right - to the latest version or any specific?

Also, in the EFI you posted you removed VegaTab_64.kext I had for my Vega cards, is this ok?

If you can boot with /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and can't boot with /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/, then you are using an old version of Clover. I have not included and old version of Clover in any of the EFI folders I've posted.

Just copy the /EFI/Windows/ folder to the new EFI.

You only need the Windows folder if you have Windows installed on the same drive. If Windows is installed on another drive, you won't need that folder anyway.

You can copy your VegaTab_64.kext file back.

Back