Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Don't know if you have encountered this, but I sure did. This was specific to my Z370 system (it did not affect the X299 system that way).

Kernel Panic from latest WEG. And I know it was WEG because when I replaced the latest new WEG with a WEG from October 30th, system booted just fine.

Now, it could be because I am using a different Graphics card, the Vega 56 on the Z370, but a simple change of WEG versions, with all of other very new Kexts and Drivers, and it came up and booted perfectly.

Thought you'd like to know.....

Same here. 1.34 works and 1.35 causes reboots at 5 percent on Apple logo boot up.

Yes, I've seen a few others report some problems with the latest WhateverGreen. Personally, I have not experienced any problems but I am also not using any of the WhateverGreen boot arguments.

I'll try to play around a little with my Skylake box and with the new Shikigva boot argument...

Hmm... If event a USB keyboard doesn't work, I would have to guess that it's USB related. Which USB 15 port limit fix are you using?
Hmm, can't really remember, the one that is mentioned earlier here. I have two files still sitting on the Desktop SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml and USBPorts.kext...

Confirming, Keyboard connected via USB doesn't do anything.
Images on screens are frozen.
I am still via ssh connected from remote and have full access to the system via network.

Last edited:
Hmm, can't really remember, the one that is mentioned earlier here. I have two files still sitting on the Desktop SSDT-USBX.aml and USBPorts.kext...

Please post your EFI folder and the two USB files.

Yes, I've seen a few others report some problems with the latest WhateverGreen. Personally, I have not experienced any problems but I am also not using any of the WhateverGreen boot arguments.

I'll try to play around a little with my Skylake box and with the new Shikigva boot argument...

That said, "working" AMD 570 system (i5-3570k) has -v and dart=0.

Non-working (with 1.3.5) system with AMD 580 (i7-8700k, Asus Z370-G MB) has a LOT more:
dart=0
-igfxbeta
-alcbeta
shikigva=60
uia_exclude=stuffyougavemelongago (thanks!)
nvda-drv=1
-lilubetaall
-ngfxbeta
-disablegfxfirmware

I assume some or all of that is completely obsolete.... thoughts on what to safely remove?

Changed things so now Clover is this:
dart=0
uia_exclude=same...
-disablegfxfirmware
-v

and that's it. Now to test WEG1.3.5...

WEG 1.3.5 works for me now - no odd reboots. All I did was remove a bunch of old bootargs I had in Clover/Boot since time began....

That said, "working" AMD 570 system (i5-3570k) has -v and dart=0.

Non-working (with 1.3.5) system with AMD 580 (i7-8700k, Asus Z370-G MB) has a LOT more:
dart=0
-igfxbeta
-alcbeta
shikigva=60
uia_exclude=stuffyougavemelongago (thanks!)
nvda-drv=1
-lilubetaall
-ngfxbeta
-disablegfxfirmware

I assume some or all of that is completely obsolete.... thoughts on what to safely remove?

Changed things so now Clover is this:
dart=0
uia_exclude=same...
-disablegfxfirmware
-v

and that's it. Now to test WEG1.3.5...

All the beta ones aren't really need. They're there just in case you update macOS without updating the kexts.
The Nvidia ones are not needed since Nvidia cards aren't compatible with macOS anymore.
-disablefxfirmware isn't needed anymore.
dart=0 can probably be deleted. VT-x and VT-d doesn't seem to cause any problems anymore.

WEG 1.3.5 works for me now - no odd reboots. All I did was remove a bunch of old bootargs I had in Clover/Boot since time began....

Awesome!

Attachments

• USB.tar.gz.pdf
    1.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
All the beta ones aren't really need. They're there just in case you update macOS without updating the kexts.
The Nvidia ones are not needed since Nvidia cards aren't compatible with macOS anymore.
-disablefxfirmware isn't needed anymore.
dart=0 can probably be deleted. VT-x and VT-d doesn't seem to cause any problems anymore.

Removing dart=0 and -disablegfxfirmware now. :)

Works. Got rid of every single boot arg except uia_exclude stuff....

Back