Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

The panics seem to be caused by different things... This leads me to believe it's some sort of hardware instability. Have you tried running with no CPU overclock and with XMP disabled? If no, please try to do so.
I will try with memtest86

I will try with memtest86
Hello again,
so I have tried with memtest86 for 2 hours and no error whatsoever.
Also, it looks like I had XMP disabled (already) and all the clock settings, voltage, etc. are on auto.

Last edited:
Hello again,
so I have tried with memtest86 for 2 hours and no error whatsoever.
Also, it looks like I had XMP disabled (already) and all the clock settings, voltage, etc. are on auto.

I think that by default, the BIOS does some "multi-core enhancement" which is overclocking.

Hi, I'm switching to OpenCore, and my Bluetooth is not available. Could you please tell me how to solve it?

I saw an image in the folder points that fill in with Mac address, but it said format not fit, so I didn't do it.

Hi pastrychef,

I've been looking into getting a WiFi mobo (ASUS Z370 X Hero WiFi ac) and rebuilding the card like you've done in this build. I've seen recommendations for both the BCM94352Z and the BCM94360CS2. I've seen that the the Z doesn't typically require an adapter. But would you happen to know what the difference is and if I should go with one over the other? Thank you.

Hi, I'm switching to OpenCore, and my Bluetooth is not available. Could you please tell me how to solve it?

I saw an image in the folder points that fill in with Mac address, but it said format not fit, so I didn't do it.

Which USB port is your Bluetooth on?

Hi pastrychef,

I've been looking into getting a WiFi mobo (ASUS Z370 X Hero WiFi ac) and rebuilding the card like you've done in this build. I've seen recommendations for both the BCM94352Z and the BCM94360CS2. I've seen that the the Z doesn't typically require an adapter. But would you happen to know what the difference is and if I should go with one over the other? Thank you.

The BCM94352Z is not natively supported and requires additional kexts.

The BCM94360CS2 is natively supported and is plug-n-play.

It's up to you which you prefer to use. I prefer natively supported...

Which USB port is your Bluetooth on?

I'm using BCM4360. When use your EFI r5.1.5, there is no network connection , even the wifi is connected, but bluetooth is working. And if i switch back to OpenCore, the network is working but bluetooth is not available.
1574683927053.png

1574684469088.png

Last edited:
I'm using BCM4360. When use your EFI r5.1.5, there is no network connection , even the wifi is connected, but bluetooth is working. And if i switch back to OpenCore, the network is working but bluetooth is not available.
View attachment 437502
View attachment 437509

What do you mean there's no network connection?

Which USB port is your Bluetooth connected to?

A tad bit off topic - FileVault....

So, I tried it on my X299 system, and did a clone of the OS, with the EFI files you recommended, then I booted to it, started the encryption, let it finish and then tried to boot from it, and I could see it in the bios, but when it got to the Clover menu, it just wasn't there. I then tried to force it, but couldn't boot from it. Clover just wouldn't see it.....

Any thoughts?

Back