Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef By the way, with the latest Clover Configurator, should the 'uia_exclude=' be used or '-uia_exclude'? The UI changed and it doesn't look like on your screenshots anymore.

@pastrychef I've added the SSDT-USB.aml file, used the 'uia_exclude=HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2' and after reboot I have no BT, the BT icon is greyed out and it has a little /\/\/ wave on it.

@pastrychef The problem is that if I'll do a fresh install, I will lose my data. I can't afford it.
Which USB port limit method do you recommend?

Do a clean install on another drive just for testing to see if your problems are due to corrupt system. You don't have to delete anything yet.

@pastrychef I've added the SSDT-USB.aml file, used the 'uia_exclude=HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2' and after reboot I have no BT, the BT icon is greyed out and it has a little /\/\/ wave on it.

That just means you excluded the port where your Bluetooth is plugged in to.

Usually, the PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adaptors will use HS12 or HS14 for Bluetooth.

@pastrychef I don't have another drive to test the installation of new system, I'm afraid. I'll now test 'uia_exclude=uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10'

@pastrychef I don't have another drive to test the installation of new system, I'm afraid. I'll now test 'uia_exclude=uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10'

You can even do a clean install on a USB flash drive if the USB flash drive is decent sized...

@pastrychef My BT and WIFI is back with the latest uia_exclude, so I'll test TimeMachine backups and report back on the wifi stability. Mail.app still doesn't work. Once backups are done (or not...) I'll try doing a new install on a USB key.

@pastrychef My BT and WIFI is back with the latest uia_exclude, so I'll test TimeMachine backups and report back on the wifi stability. Mail.app still doesn't work. Once backups are done (or not...) I'll try doing a new install on a USB key.

Remember to test Mail.app with nothing else installed. No 3rd party apps, just the basic macOS.

Back