Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef My machine takes FOREVER to boot to clover so I decided to check out my Kext folder and look what I found:

View attachment 387937

and that's only 1/3 of the entries!!!!!!!!!

How do I know what I need and what I can clean?

Thanks!
Use the tool here and upload your problem reporting files:

@pastrychef My machine takes FOREVER to boot to clover so I decided to check out my Kext folder and look what I found:

View attachment 387937

and that's only 1/3 of the entries!!!!!!!!!

How do I know what I need and what I can clean?

Thanks!

That looks like /System/Library/Extensions/. It's not recommended to mess with anything in there.

It is but why are there so many? Or is my slow clover boot caused by something else?

I will use the tool as well.

Try checking your BIOS settings to see what you can do to speed up the system post process.

Don't mess with /System/Library/Extensions/.

tried to boot into the installation, it keep showing Missing operating system

tried to boot into the installation, it keep showing Missing operating system

Missing operating system?? Please post a picture.

it just seems like it was unable to boot into clover, i did follow your guide till the installing step

it just seems like it was unable to boot into clover, i did follow your guide till the installing step

Did you read post #5560 and #5567?

As suggested I ran the report in the jhopes of having someone look at it to figure out why Clover takes so long to start up. I am trying to get the cleanest boot possible.

Thank you brave souls!

Attachments

• debug_25972.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
Use the tool here and upload your problem reporting files:

@Feartech Done and uploaded. Very cool tool, looks like a lot of work went into it, I appreciate you sharing it with me.

Back