Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
BCM94360C2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card w/ M.2 adaptor... not working ... are many types of adapters ? or some change ?

All the Z390 motherboards with included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth use Intel CNVi Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. The slot is physically the same as M.2. There has been multiple reports that these ports can work with older M.2 cards. I don't know if your problem is restricted to Asus...

Motherboard
Asus Strix Z370G
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Vega 56
Hi all, I am a newbie to hackintosh and am stuck at boot on "End randomseed". Here are my specification:
  • Asus Strix Z370-G
  • Intel i7-8700
  • Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56
  • G.Skill Trident 16GB
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
I have followed the setup instructions and set the Bios as listed above except have boot/CSM disabled. For the USB installer I downloaded High Sierra and using UniBeast 8.1.0 and copied the EFI folder into the EFI partition after downloading and unzipping the "EFI unified 4.3.2 (High sierra) .zip" file. Can anyone please direct me towards solving this issue so that i can start the installation. Thank you.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I am a newbie to hackintosh and am stuck at boot on "End randomseed". Here are my specification:
  • Asus Strix Z370-G
  • Intel i7-8700
  • Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56
  • G.Skill Trident 16GB
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
I have followed the setup instructions and set the Bios as listed above except have boot/CSM disabled. For the USB installer I downloaded High Sierra and using UniBeast 8.1.0 and copied the EFI folder into the EFI partition after downloading and unzipping the "EFI unified 4.3.2 (High sierra) .zip" file. Can anyone please direct me towards solving this issue so that i can start the installation. Thank you.

What BIOS version are you on? Early versions of BIOS had an issue with the RAM. I suggest updating to the latest BIOS and try again.

elfcake

Banned
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Supposedly, the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards can be swapped for macOS compatible cards.

For Z390, some people have reported that shutdown/restart can be fixed by using EmuVariableUEFI-64 and RC scripts. I'm not sure about this particular motherboard.

I have not read of anyone with Z390 getting sleep/wake to work properly yet.
I’ve been having problems with sleep wake lately. It is becoming more prevalent. Would you suggest Emu?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’ve been having problems with sleep wake lately. It is becoming more prevalent. Would you suggest Emu?

No. I only use EmuVariableUEFI when there's no other choice. You lose native NVRAM when you use it. Z390 doesn't have much of a choice right now.

What sleep issues are you having?

corint1

Suspended
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef
ok I'm back .....I've been struggling to make it as stable as possible ... I think I've been able to be stable ... every time reset or shutdown, the bios go into safe mode ... why? ...
I quit wifi + bt m.2 ... broken heart ...
sound does not work ...
sleep / wake also does not work ...
actually shutdown does not work ...
if you can help me with some tips ...
and anyway, thank you for your advice so far ...
but you better advise me before I buy this card ... :)

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef
ok I'm back .....I've been struggling to make it as stable as possible ... I think I've been able to be stable ... every time reset or shutdown, the bios go into safe mode ... why? ...
I quit wifi + bt m.2 ... broken heart ...
sound does not work ...
sleep / wake also does not work ...
actually shutdown does not work ...
if you can help me with some tips ...
and anyway, thank you for your advice so far ...
but you better advise me before I buy this card ... :)

Try different versions of OsxAptioFix to see if it works better than AptioMemoryFix.

elfcake

Banned
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No. I only use EmuVariableUEFI when there's no other choice. You lose native NVRAM when you use it. Z390 doesn't have much of a choice right now.

What sleep issues are you having?
Sleep wake happens twice, then sleep and it wakes on its own twice and I have access to system and after that sleep happens and appears to wake but the system is unresponsive to input, black screen, force restart button is unresponsive. The only way to get to a boot is to hold the power button, shut down and then restart with the power button