Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Looking forward to the installation, I would guess that it should go much as you instruct even with the different CPU and memory (will have to wait until the end of the month for the CPU, though).

Yes, no changes are necessary for installation.

@pastrychef
Seems Ii was a bit too fast. Had a “Your computer was restarted because of a problem” announcement when I got home today. So not quite as stable as we would like yet.

Do you have any sort of crash logs? Are you overclocked? Are you using XMP? Have you tested stability in Windows?

My system was up for 7 days before I restarted because I wanted to test the latest Clover.

Same crash log as the other day. Same CPU panic.
I have been running an overclock @4.7 - actually not thinking about it. Nothing too stressful, and these shutdown happens when the computer is unattended. I'll try going back to clock speed and monitoring.

Attachments

• crash report CPU panic.txt
    9 KB · Views: 56
Same crash log as the other day. Same CPU panic.
I have been running an overclock @4.7 - actually not thinking about it. Nothing too stressful, and these shutdown happens when the computer is unattended. I'll try going back to clock speed and monitoring.

Test stability in Windows or Linux. The sporadic nature makes me believe it's a hardware issue.

What do you recommend for stability testing in Windows ? - Prime 95?

If it's crashing randomly in macOS with little to no activity, I don't think you need to use Prime95. I think you can just use it as you would normally use a computer and try to keep uptime for at least a few days.

I have exactly the same configuration, except the graphic card. I have an Radeon R9 280. If i install Mojave with the EFI from here, I get a black screen when finishing the installation. How can I change the EFI, to get the R9 280 work?

I have exactly the same configuration, except the graphic card. I have an Radeon R9 280. If i install Mojave with the EFI from here, I get a black screen when finishing the installation. How can I change the EFI, to get the R9 280 work?

I've never messed with an R9 280 but based on the Radeon Compatibility Guide, you have to add these settings:

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 5.11.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 5.11.47 PM.png

I've never messed with an R9 280 but based on the Radeon Compatibility Guide, you have to add these settings:

View attachment 357054 View attachment 357055

Thank you, for your help!
But this didn't work.
If i use the normal EFI, the card is working, and recognized as Radeon HD7xxx.
I have to try more. My last install with High Sierra I used MultiBeast and not this EFI. There were random reboots. Now i wanted to try this, because the Mojave update didn't work and my machines did not boot any more.

Back