Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks Scottkendal for your response. and by what did you replace the VEGA?

Hi Samtmbaudi, I see you have same mainboard as mine. Do you use specific optimised settings for your mainboard compared to the EFI pack content and settings pastrychef is using?

Hi Samtmbaudi, I see you have same mainboard as mine. Do you use specific optimised settings for your mainboard compared to the EFI pack content and settings pastrychef is using?
nothing specialy. i choose profile 1 Ram then disabled the CSM and OC To 5 Ghz the cpu. that's it

Last edited:
Currently i'm writing from the Windows 10 partition...
The VEGA is complety quiet, no click, no speed fan, no electric strange noise or coil whine, OH GOD so GOOOD SILENCE !!
What's going on??
the card turns beautifully, is only on OSX it works badly!

can be a power management problem on high sierra?

I came along this topic at macrumors.
Read the part RX VEGA Bios compatibility. "The standard card can be safely flashed with either another standard BIOS or a nano BIOS." Standard (full size) PCB: Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56 & 64, The following cards are known to readily accept a different BIOS: no Sapphire Nitro+

I think to try it, switch to 2nd bios, dump that bios, and replace it with a reference bios. If it don't do anything I will flash it back with dumped bios. Maybe my current bios is different or newer nitro+ bios.

According to Macrumors: VEGA HIGH FAN Speed issue:
Issue not present for Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 (model 11275-03)

My issue is only that it spins up to 100% after leaving a 3D application. Under normal circumstances the card is OK. I need this to be fixed otherwise I will return the card.

For now I have to find out why my windows is gone. I had it on a NVME but sometimes the UEFI boot options disappear for a reason I don't know.

Seems like they haven't tested flashing with the Nitro+. You can be first to report success or failure to the thread.

I boot in to Windows using the BIOS boot menu.

Seems like they haven't tested flashing with the Nitro+. You can be first to report success or failure to the thread.

I boot in to Windows using the BIOS boot menu.

I will do, Yes me too normal but it happens me sometimes that these F8 boot menu items are cleared or something.
Writing Windows USB installer in VMware + windows ... zzz lol

Will do this something? https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...n-high-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=2616222 (find your comment here)

That's the same vega fan fix. It will have no affect on custom/open coolers.

I'm afraid it won't be fixable... leaving no other option to send it back don't you think? What are probably my best options? The strange thing is that my issue is not been reported somewhere. It works fine only after load being applied on the GPU and going back to the GUI the fans starting to spin to 100%. (VGA tab) is the same fix too?

MSI Vega 56
Thanks. mine is a Sapphire but same design.
Can i see your config plist scott please?

and did you format on APFS your Hard drive? me not, i'm still on extended mac os. maybe that's why i have some noise when i move mouse, take folder etc..

I'm afraid it won't be fixable... leaving no other option to send it back don't you think? What are probably my best options? The strange thing is that my issue is not been reported somewhere. It works fine only after load being applied on the GPU and going back to the GUI the fans starting to spin to 100%. (VGA tab) is the same fix too?

Yes, they are essentially the same fix.

Back