Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef
I was already on 10.13.6, but I just tried installing the combo update from your link, but no change :(

Hmm... Don't know what's causing audio to break for you. You can try CodecCommander.kext but that functionality should already be built in to AppleALC.

There are other people with the same issue albeit with different motherboards but I've never been able to pin down the exact cause. I know that, for the majority (myself included), AppleALC works...

Please post your EFI folder and a screenshot of what you have installed in your /Library/Extensions/.

@pastrychef
Here you go. Thank you so much, for taking the time and answering all these questions - its a massive commitment. THANK YOU

Attachments

• Lib ext screenshot.png
    Lib ext screenshot.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 100
  • EFI.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
@pastrychef
Here you go. Thank you so much, for taking the time and answering all these questions - its a massive commiment. THANK YOU

No prob. Just trying to pay it forward...

Looks like you've tried other installation methods... Delete the following from /Library/Extensions/:
AppleAHCIPort.kext
EnergyDriver.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FackePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
realtekALC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

EFI folder looks good. Remember to populate serial, board serial, and UUID as per Idiot's Guide to iMessage. When you have this worked out, work on getting USB right.

@pastrychef
hmmmmm, didn't try alternative installation method that I can remember. I did at some point try using multibeast to get the audio, maybe that is it ?!?
Regarding, serial UUID etc, I normally have all those numbers in the config file, just deleted them before uploading.
But about getting USB right !? - I wasn't aware that it wasn't right, I've just used your patched file, and done the exclusion in the boot section. I thought that was all it took ?!
But I'll try deleting these files in /Library/Extensions first.

update.
deleting the files, didn't affect the audio loss after sleep.

@pastrychef
hmmmmm, didn't try alternative installation method that I can remember. I did at some point try using multibeast to get the audio, maybe that is it ?!?
Regarding, serial UUID etc, I normally have all those numbers in the config file, just deleted them before uploading.
But about getting USB right !? - I wasn't aware that it wasn't right, I've just used your patched file, and done the exclusion in the boot section. I thought that was all it took ?!
But I'll try deleting these files in /Library/Extensions first.

Yes, probably done by MultiBeast.

Download the SSDT file from post #1. Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml and copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/APCI/patched/.

I tested a Dell DW1830 M.2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. The Wi-Fi worked with the native drivers, however, Bluetooth did not show up. I have ordered a BCM942602 card pulled from a 2014 MacBook Air along with an M.2 adaptor to see if I will have better luck with that card. I really want to utilize the M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth to keep the internals a bit neater.

I forgot to check if the 32GB was recognized a dual channel.
Did you try installing the Rehabman kexts in S/L/E ? I had it working today. If they're injected nothing shows up.
In the first page of this thread you talk about a new way to implement Audio, where about can I find it in the thread so to learn why is preferable?
Thanks a lot.

Did you try installing the Rehabman kexts in S/L/E ? I had it working today. If they're injected nothing shows up.
In the first page of this thread you talk about a new way to implement Audio, where about can I find it in the thread so to learn why is preferable?
Thanks a lot.

No, I haven't tried installing any hackintosh kexts in to /System/Library/Extensions/.

You can read about audio id injection here.

Thanks a lot.
The /S/L/E/ folder is now reserved for Apple only kexts. Apple created /L/E/ folder for 3rd party kexts starting with Sierra. MultiBeast installs kexts in /L/E/ folder. :thumbup:

Back