Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello,

I build a relative similar build;

- Intel i7 8700K
- Asus Strix Vega64
- Asus Z370-G WiFi
- G.Skill 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Corsair HX750i
- Phanteks Enthoo MATX TG
- Costum watercool Loop

At first I THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this GREAT guide !!
The tip with the RAM-Banks alone saved my day...!!

BUT

I still have one problem (with may have to do with my inexperience with hackMac).

I buyed a "DELL DW1830 Broadcom BCM943602BAED M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 1300Mbps BT4.1" from eBay, and put it in my original WiFi-modul slot on the MoBo. WiFi works out of the box, bit BT doesn´t....

Of course i followed you´re great guide, downlaoded and installed the linked files and put it in the clover/kext/other folder but still no luck...

Any nooby advice ?

BTW: Thank you again for the work !!

You placed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

Make sure the two files are correct. The file names are very similar.

Those were the only files I needed to get Bluetooth working.

You can also check if Bluetooth is available in the USB section of System Information.

Yeah, i checked and try´ed at least 10 times...
It shows also up in the USB part, but not under BT and there is also no BT-symbol in the settings at all.

Yeah, i checked and try´ed at least 10 times...
It shows also up in the USB part, but not under BT and there is also no BT-symbol in the settings at all.

Please show me how it's listed in System Information.

I hope it´s ok like this.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 137

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Possibilities:
NVRAM
IGPU
RX 580
FakeSMC
-How can i fix nvram problem? i read the dedicated thread in your guide, but if i have downloaded the efi folder, i should be ok, right?
-igpu is disabled. i have 2 monitors connected to rx 580.
-Rx 580. What should i do to fix the card? i'm using system definition 14,2 'cause the 18,3 is not working with 2 monitors. I'm not using whatevergreen kext by the way.
-Fake SMC i just did a fresh download from your efi folder.

-How can i fix nvram problem? i read the dedicated thread in your guide, but if i have downloaded the efi folder, i should be ok, right?
-igpu is disabled. i have 2 monitors connected to rx 580.
-Rx 580. What should i do to fix the card? i'm using system definition 14,2 'cause the 18,3 is not working with 2 monitors. I'm not using whatevergreen kext by the way.
-Fake SMC i just did a fresh download from your efi folder.

Yes, I use AptioMemoryFix which has been working very well for me.

I have IGPU enabled but have never connected a monitor to it. It is enabled so that features such as AirPlay, Quick Sync, etc. work.

WhateverGreen should help with your 2 monitor setup with iMac18,3.

The version of FakeSMC in my EFI folders should be the latest. You can also check here.

I just put together a build that's pretty much identical to mine using variant of the case I am currently using, the Silverstone TJ08-e. Guess what... The whole thing fits in to a standard carry-on luggage.
IMG_9311.JPG IMG_6242.JPG

Yet another argument for going with mATX. :headbang:

The whole thing fits in to a standard carry-on luggage.

Just don't take it on a flight with you. "Looks like a bomb in there to me." All those wires and electronic parts will put the security people on high alert.

Back