Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Don't you need to update the apfs.efi and replace the current USB increase patch in config.plist with PMHeart's patch (see this post)?

I don't think the PMHeart patch is needed for everyone. I think only some people are having USB3 issues with the existing 15 port limit patch.

Yes, the apfs.efi should probably be updated, but I installed 10.13.4 on my laptop without updating and it also worked.

I don't think the PMHeart patch is needed for everyone. I think only some people are having USB3 issues with the existing 15 port limit patch...
Hmmm. I think it's because you use your SSDT-USB.aml. On MyHero II, I'm gonna use the patch, which will replace the existing increase the 15 port limit patch, to get 10.13.4 running then create a SSDT-USB like you (we) used (use) on our Gene builds.

...Yes, the apfs.efi should probably be updated, but I installed 10.13.4 on my laptop without updating and it also worked.
Interesting. But, because tonymacx86 said apfs.efi changed with 10.13.4, I'm going with the new one.

Hmmm. I think it's because you use your SSDT-USB.aml. On MyHero II, I'm gonna use the patch, which will replace the existing increase the 15 port limit patch, to get 10.13.4 running then create a SSDT-USB like you (we) used on our Gene builds.

Interesting. But, because tonymacx86 said apfs.efi changed with 10.13.4, I'm going with the new one.

Yes, SSDT-USB.aml is still the best method. I think with 10.13.4, it's even more important to use it.

Yes, apfs.efi was updated with 10.13.4. There were probably bug fixes but old version still provides at least basic functionality. I updated my laptop before anyone posted the latest apfs.efi and copied it to my EFI folder afterwards.

@pastrychef -
Thanks for all details you share here. I was able to run my system with EFI folder you posted. The only things is I can't get higher resolution ( stack on 1920-1080 ) which is not sharp and blurry.

I'll try to change it on glover Gui to 2560x1600 as well as play around with BIOS CMC but nothing help(
Could you give some advice?
Thanks.

@pastrychef -
Thanks for all details you share here. I was able to run my system with EFI folder you posted. The only things is I can't get higher resolution ( stack on 1920-1080 ) which is not sharp and blurry.

I'll try to change it on glover Gui to 2560x1600 as well as play around with BIOS CMC but nothing help(
Could you give some advice?
Thanks.

Hmm... When you open the Displays system preference, hold the Option key and click on the Scaled button. Are you able to change resolution?

Hmm... When you open the Displays system preference, hold the Option key and click on the Scaled button. Are you able to change resolution?
Thanks for answer. Yes, I'm able to change, but the thing is it's give me only 1920-1080 max.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 8.26.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 8.26.30 PM.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 93
Thanks for answer. Yes, I'm able to change, but the thing is it's give me only 1920-1080 max.

Make a backup of your EFI folder to your USB flash drive's EFI partition so you can still boot if something goes wrong.
Then, try removing WhateverGreen.kext from your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder.

Make a backup of your EFI folder to your USB flash drive's EFI partition so you can still boot if something goes wrong.
Then, try removing WhateverGreen.kext from your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder.
I did it already. As well as removing Luli, and then put it back, then removed again...) Still the same.
Here is what I have now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 8.35.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 8.35.23 PM.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 104
I did it already. As well as removing Luli, and then put it back, then removed again...) Still the same.
Here is what I have now

What kind of monitor is it? Are you using HDMI? DisplayPort?

Back