Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

From yesterday I cannot access to mail app. Anyone has this problem? If so, how can I fix it?

Sorry. I have no idea. I don't use Mail.app.

Only exchange the EFI folder, leave everything else intact on the USB installer?

Worked now like a charm.
Used OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI folder from the first post.
Other than that Mojave Installer created with Unibieast 9.2.0

Continuing with setting up the serial, imessage, USB ports...

Running AMD RX 5700 XT OC graphics card. System Profiler shows "AMD PCIe GPU x16" with no other info, also "No Kext Loaded"...

Running AMD RX 5700 XT OC graphics card. System Profiler shows "AMD PCIe GPU x16" with no other info, also "No Kext Loaded"...

See post #3 of my Z390 thread (link is below, in my signature). At the bottom of the post are instructions on "How to populate System Information > PCI".

See post #3 of my Z390 thread (link is below, in my signature). At the bottom of the post are instructions on "How to populate System Information > PCI".
I don't find anything related to a graphics card, except WhateverGreen.kext. Nothing related to the 5700 XT, no kext loaded shown in the system profiler. Computer runs though fine (at resolution 3840x2180). I just wanted to install roon and see here: OpenGL 3.0 or higher is required error message.

Attached the Systems Information for Gebraphics/Displays, looks like weird.

The card is exactly an
Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 XT OC
ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING

Attachments

• screenshot_04.png
    screenshot_04.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 28
  • screenshot_05.png
    screenshot_05.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I don't find anything related to a graphics card. Nothing related to the 5700 XT, no kext loaded shown in the system profiler. Computer runs though fine (at resolution 3840x2180). I just wanted to install roon and see here: OpenGL 3.0 or higher is required.

Attached the Systems Information for Gebraphics/Displays, looks like weird.

What version of macOS are you running?

Edit:
Just remembered... Mojave... I don't think there are any drivers for 5700 XT in Mojave, therefore, no kext to load.

Last edited:
That's not good at all :( as I can not upgrade to newer macOS because I am still using Aperture and everything above Mojave do not support Aperture. Hmm... maybe swapping to a Vega 64 card but I wanted also a windows gaming capable card as well.

Back