Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

on my old EFI-BACKUP(Clover) there is no kext Radeonboost in Kext-folder.

You can delete it if you like. It really doesn't matter for Navi cards. It doesn't do anything for them.

You can delete it if you like. It really doesn't matter for Navi cards. It doesn't do anything for them.
ok, but still won't start. After I click on the macOS, the loading bar appears and then everything is black. the PC does not restart. It is still on. what do I wrong?

ok, but still won't start. After I click on the macOS, the loading bar appears and then everything is black. the PC does not restart. It is still on. what do I wrong?

How far does the progress bar get?

Are you using DisplayPort or HDMI? Can you try switching to a different connection?

just the half.

i use 3 Monitors. Now I try only one Monitor. HDMI and DP

Edit: Same issue. No signal

I don't know what can be wrong. WhateverGreen should enable all the video out ports on your 5700 XT...

Thank you, update without errors and Big Sur is working fine.

I wonder about the first startup message:
The machine is booting without problems. On the black field there is my MAC Adress of the Ethernet Adapter without :.
I inserted it on the ROM key field.
May i just ignore this?

View attachment 495895
**** I changed the value and now the machine won't boot. "support.apple.com/mac/startup" appaers
How do i mount the efi an change the plist?

**** I changed the value and now the machine won't boot. "support.apple.com/mac/startup" appaers
How do i mount the efi an change the plist?

Put a working EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.

Put a working EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.
Sorry for my question , i tried under linux, but efi is read only, because of jounaling. How do i create an USB Stick with efi partition? I have an macbook air with big sur. With Unibeat i can only create an usb stick with catalina.

Sorry for my question , i tried under linux, but efi is read only, because of jounaling. How do i create an USB Stick with efi partition? I have an macbook air with big sur. With Unibeat i can only create an usb stick with catalina.

On your MacBook:
Initialize your USB flash drive as HFS+/GUID.
Mount the EFI partition.
Copy/paste a working EFI to the EFI partition of the USB flash drive.

Boot from USB flash drive.

just the half.

i use 3 Monitors. Now I try only one Monitor. HDMI and DP

Edit: Same issue. No signal

You are not alone with Navi black screen in Big Sur...

Back