Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

For DSDT, I just extract by using RWeverything (http://rweverything*dot*com/download/ ) on windows. Then open by Maciasl, compile then only correct the error, then copy to the ACPI folder on OC 0.6.2

Please try without the DSDT.

Hi @pastrychef!
It´s been a long time since I last visited this forum. I built my (this first) hackintosh following your excellent guidance two years ago. It has been working flawless from that day. It is still running in Mac OS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) and until now i have not need to make any actualization, as everything was working fine. But, as the latest releases of some software I use on a daily basis won´t run on this version of the OS I´m now in the need of an update. The thing is that It has been so long since I built my hackintosh and a I´m far from an expert in this kind of "computer affairs" I don't know how to proceed now to succesfully make this update. I´ve been reading through this thread searching for an answer but is so vast and complex for me since last time I paricipate in it that I feel quite lost.

Could you bee so kind to guide me once again in how could I get this done, or where could I find some information about it? After all this time I feel like the first day in school.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @pastrychef!
It´s been a long time since I last visited this forum. I built my (this first) hackintosh following your excellent guidance two years ago. It has been working flawless from that day. It is still running in Mac OS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) and until now i have not need to make any actualization, as everything was working fine. But, as the latest releases of some software I use on a daily basis won´t run on this version of the OS I´m now in the need of an update. The thing is that It has been so long since I built my hackintosh and a I´m far from an expert in this kind of "computer affairs" I don't know how to proceed now to succesfully make this update. I´ve been reading through this thread searching for an answer but is so vast and complex for me since last time I paricipate in it that I feel quite lost.

Could you bee so kind to guide me once again in how could I get this done, or where could I find some information about it? After all this time I feel like the first day in school.

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the latest OpenCore EFI from post #1.
  2. Put it on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  3. Follow the instructions on the Read Me file to put your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address in the config.plist.
  4. Boot from the USB flash drive.
  5. Update to the latest version of macOS.
  6. Copy your EFI folder from the EFI partition of the USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your main system drive.

It should also work for macOS Big Sur when it's released.

@pastrychef I want to use your OC 0.6.2, but when I look in the config file there's no info about the Vega 56/64.
Can I simply copy it from the 0.6.1 plist?

When I use it I get error:
OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

I Checked the configsys with sanity checker OpenCore, no errors?
I'm getting this same security violation, I did change "SecureBootModel" to "Disabled".
But why can't I leave it at "Default" ?

I'm getting this same security violation, I did change "SecureBootModel" to "Disabled".
But why can't I leave it at "Default" ?

Try reinstalling macOS on top of your current install. Then try SecureBootMode=Yes again.

1. Download the latest OpenCore EFI from post #1.
  2. Put it on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  3. Follow the instructions on the Read Me file to put your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address in the config.plist.
  4. Boot from the USB flash drive.
  5. Update to the latest version of macOS.
  6. Copy your EFI folder from the EFI partition of the USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your main system drive.

It should also work for macOS Big Sur when it's released.
Thank you for your answer. Just to make sure I have understood well:

1) The Efi folder is already optimized to work with the motherboard

2) I have to make an USB bootable Mac Os installer and replace the EFI folder.

3) I guess you mean this instructions, Am I right? (havent´nt find any readme file):

- Open the config.plist with Xcode or Plist Edit Pro.
- Go to the PlatformInfo section.
- Look for all the fields that say "fill-in" and fill in your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, or ROM info. (ROM is your network interface EN0 MAC address.)

The porpuse of this step is to make the sytem compatible, right?

4) Boot from the usb and 5)choose to update the OS

6) Pretty much expalins itself

As I told you, I´m very very far from a expert ( I really had a hard time building may hackintosh two years ago) so I´m sorry if I boder you with all this newbee questions

As always, thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:

1) The Efi folder is laready optimized to work with my motherboard
2) I hace to make a USB bootable Mac Os installer and replace the

Yes.

Just boot from the new EFI and do the macOS update.

Yes.

Just boot from the new EFI and do the macOS update.
Sorry, my last message was incomplete!

3) I guess you mean this instructions, Am I right? (havent´nt find any readme file):

- Look for all the fields that say "fill-in" and fill in your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, or ROM info. (ROM is your network interface EN0 MAC address.)

As I told you, I´m very very far from a expert ( I really had a hard time building may hackintosh two years ago) so I´m sorry if I boder you with all this newbee questions

Sorry, my last message was incomplete!

Yes.

Yes. That will work.

The Read Me file is included with the OpenCore EFI.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Hi pastrychief,

my hack has been running stable for quite a while now following this guide. Now I have a problem. I run a LG 4K monitor connectet via display port and an old HD Cinema display connected via HDMI to DVI adapter to the vega 64. The other day the cinema diplay showed a black screen after booting. Booting again it came on again. Today it remained black, although it was present in the system settings. Exchanged it for another one that I know is working - still black. Booting with the 4K only, and then connecting the Cinema display, it will work, like plugging anything into the HDMI on a laptop. Tried to enter the bios of the motherboard to check the configuration, but after pressing f2 I only get a black screen, the bios will not open. I cannot enter bios anymore. Scary - I have an important project coming up later this week - any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Back