Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I haven't tested the latest Clover on this build yet. But I have tested it on my laptop and HP 8300. It seems to work with existing config.plist fine. The only thing I can think of is to make sure that the following section is correct:
Code:
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>

I don't know why you get a black screen. Can you describe it in more detail?
thank you for your fast respond. My issue is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3Kq7j3UiyKefStAK-PNvk0zVGSM2GER/view?usp=sharing

Hi Pastrychef,

A bit of a long shot but could you confirm whether your build shows some power activity while on sleep? It is a bit hard to explain but mine with the same motherboard goes to deep sleep, i.e. everything goes on standby, no fan is spinning anymore screen goes off as well. It is silent for a long period of time, I would say tens of minutes (need to time this) but sometimes I can catch some noise like the motherboard drains power and fans are spinning like when it wakes up but nothing actually happens on the screen which is still off. The build is still in sleep mode. It takes maybe 2 to 3 seconds and it goes back to sleep.
If I hit a key on the keyboard after that, the computer comes back to where it was and nothing is lost.
I am not sure how to troubleshoot that behavior since I have no idea where anything would be recorded if the computer is actually on sleep.

I read the power management thread but I am still unclear where to start and whether it is an expected behaviour.

My current settings:
Code:
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standby              1
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 womp                 1
 autorestart          0
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                0
 autopoweroffdelay    28800
 hibernatemode        0
 autopoweroff         1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         10
 tcpkeepalive         1
 standbydelay         10800

Going to disable the standby and autopoweroff as per your previous post and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Pastrychef,

A bit of a long shot but could you confirm whether your build shows some power activity while on sleep? It is a bit hard to explain but mine with the same motherboard goes to deep sleep, i.e. everything goes on standby, no fan is spinning anymore screen goes off as well. It is silent for a long period of time, I would say tens of minutes (need to time this) but sometimes I can catch some noise like the motherboard drains power and fans are spinning like when it wakes up but nothing actually happens on the screen which is still off. The build is still in sleep mode. It takes maybe 2 to 3 seconds and it goes back to sleep.
If I hit a key on the keyboard after that, the computer comes back to where it was and nothing is lost.
I am not sure how to troubleshoot that behavior since I have no idea where anything would be recorded if the computer is actually on sleep.

I read the power management thread but I am still unclear where to start and whether it is an expected behaviour.

My current settings:
Code:
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standby              1
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 womp                 1
 autorestart          0
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                0
 autopoweroffdelay    28800
 hibernatemode        0
 autopoweroff         1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         10
 tcpkeepalive         1
 standbydelay         10800

Going to disable the standby and autopoweroff as per your previous post and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks.

Yes, my system springs awake for a few seconds once in a while. I always thought this was normal and never paid any mind to it.

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.22.57 AM.png

Yes, my system springs awake for a few seconds once in a while. I always thought this was normal and never paid any mind to it.

View attachment 333152
That is because you have "Power Nap" enabled, your system will periodically wake (with the display turned off) and check for mail, perform TM backups etc. If you want to disable this you can by navigating to System Prefernces, then Energy saver, then unchecking "Power Nap".
This is normal behaviour on any Mac with "Power Nap" enabled :)

Hi guys

I installed BCM94360CS2 BT card, but for some reason it's not showing in a system.
Any idea why that happen?
I double check, card installed tight, everything is properly connected from hardware side.
I assume that it's should be just plug and play, but...

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    673 KB · Views: 97
  • config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 173
  • CLOVER.zip
    13.1 MB · Views: 71
Hi guys

I installed BCM94360CS2 BT card, but for some reason it's not showing in a system.
Any idea why that happen?
I double check, card installed tight, everything is properly connected from hardware side.
I assume that it's should be just plug and play, but...

Thanks!

Do you see Bluetooth in the USB section of System Information?

In the meantime, you can try deleting XHCI-300-series-injector.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
If AmdCPUMonitor.kext is what the name implies, you definitely don't need that.
I have no idea what ITEIT87x.kext is...

If you are on macOS 10.13.4, you should apply one of the new 15 port limit patches or, better yet, do the "proper" USB fix using SSDT for USB.

Do you see Bluetooth in the USB section of System Information?

In the meantime, you can try deleting XHCI-300-series-injector.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
If AmdCPUMonitor.kext is what the name implies, you definitely don't need that.
I have no idea what ITEIT87x.kext is...

If you are on macOS 10.13.4, you should apply one of the new 15 port limit patches or, better yet, do the "proper" USB fix using SSDT for USB.
Yes, I can see it there
I deleted everything that you mention above, but still no success(

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Back