RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I currently have a 2017 13" MacBook Pro and it's been working just fine for what I've used it for since I got it. Lately, though, I've been doing more complicated tasks and a couple of months ago when it took nearly an hour to do a 4-second long masking transition in Adobe Premiere, I decided to start researching for a custom build.

My goal is to have a powerful and as silent as possible computer with room for eventual upgrades. It also shouldn't be overly expensive and, since its a custom build, it'll look awesome.

I mostly took parts from the Buyer's Guide on here, but I do have a couple of questions I would like answered. The plan is to use OS X Mojave.

Anyway, here's the parts list:

CPU: i7 8700K
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15s
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32gb kit (2x 16gb sticks) 2666MHz
Boot drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb
Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1tb SSD
Fans: 4x Corsair ML Pro LED white 140mm
PSU: Corsair RM650x
Case: Corsair Crystal 280x white

My biggest questions are:
Does anyone know a good Bluetooth card that would work with my build? Since I am planning to use a wireless mouse and an Apple trackpad
Do the Corsair led fans I mentioned work? I'm assuming they do, but I couldn't find any exact confirmation anywhere.
And does anyone who has a RX580 know if I could use both an ultrawide 3440 x 1440 monitor and a 1080p one?

And of course, if anyone knows some of my parts aren't compatible, I would love to know.

Thanks in advance!

Alright, thank you.
I did read that too but some people say it works anyway, so I wasn't sure.

Do you know if the 970 Pro would work? I can't seem to find a 500gb 970 EVO.

Last edited:
Do you know if the 970 Pro would work?
Yes, the Pro version works with no issues. It's more durable in terms of TBW too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back