Contribute
Register

Parts are on the way. A couple Q before starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Core i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, parts should be here in a day or two... UP5 TH / i7-3770 / GTX 670 +

This build is for my brother, but until he travels here to pick it up when I'm done, I'm sorta limited on my monitor options (a couple old VGAs, and a 720p HDTV). I've read many posts about using the HD4000 graphics to start (prior to enabling / firing up the GTX 670), and everyone pretty much says to use the DVI port for best results... But I'm getting mixed reads on how HDMI is doing. I have a DVI -> HDMI adapter, but I'm reading in the board specs that the internal DVI will not work with DVI -> VGA adapter... No mention of DVI -> HDMI one way or the other.

So, can I expect the HDMI port to work pretty well while on HD4000, or has anyone used, and can tell me if a DVI -> HDMI adapter work?

[Edit] I guess I should add that this is just for the early stages... Check / Edit / Update BIOS, initial install tests, etc... [/Edit]

Also, for first time firing up of parts, do you tend to lay things out and use the onboard power / reset buttons to test stuff, or just go right ahead and load up the case?

Thanks.

So, parts should be here in a day or two... UP5 TH / i7-3770 / GTX 670 +

This build is for my brother, but until he travels here to pick it up when I'm done, I'm sorta limited on my monitor options (a couple old VGAs, and a 720p HDTV). I've read many posts about using the HD4000 graphics to start (prior to enabling / firing up the GTX 670), and everyone pretty much says to use the DVI port for best results... But I'm getting mixed reads on how HDMI is doing. I have a DVI -> HDMI adapter, but I'm reading in the board specs that the internal DVI will not work with DVI -> VGA adapter... No mention of DVI -> HDMI one way or the other.

So, can I expect the HDMI port to work pretty well while on HD4000, or has anyone used, and can tell me if a DVI -> HDMI adapter work?

[Edit] I guess I should add that this is just for the early stages... Check / Edit / Update BIOS, initial install tests, etc... [/Edit]

Also, for first time firing up of parts, do you tend to lay things out and use the onboard power / reset buttons to test stuff, or just go right ahead and load up the case?

Thanks.
Personally I like to put the board on the box on the work bench and hook everything up to make sure it works before i load the case. Sure saves a lot of hassle when you have to RMA something.

Personally I like to put the board on the box on the work bench and hook everything up to make sure it works before i load the case. Sure saves a lot of hassle when you have to RMA something.
Oh man... :eek: Please tell me that's really really rare.

One more thing... I've seen talk about people having trouble with iCloud and the MAS and other related Apple ID things... I couldn't really get a handle on if this is still happening (maybe an old issue or particular hardware), or should this rig work out OK?

Oh man... :eek: Please tell me that's really really rare.

About twice time in the last 5 or 6 years - both times bad HDDs. The last time, I bought 6 Seagate 7200rpm drives and had to RMA 4 of them in the first 3 weeks. You see all these horror stories on the "feedback" at Newegg and Amazon you gotta wonder, Am I going to have to RMA something this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back