Graphics
IGP (HD3000)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've somehow managed to get 10.8 on my dh67cl (intel) rig with a i5 2500k (hd 3000) processor.
It used to run lion perfectly (with audio, network etc) until I messed it up.....

I used sl to make an install USB using unibeast (10.6.8 update did not work so I used a friends mac to purchase ml and made my USB on it), used a patched Osinstall.mpkg and Osinstall file to install it on a mbr drive ( i couldn't wipe my hard drive and make it gpt because it had windows already installed along with lion before lion went bust), installed it, used easybeast option in multibeast, and then backed up using time machine.

So far, directly booting the hdd results in windows loading up (instead of hackintosh bootloader), so I had to use the unibeast USB. Even then, I have to use graphicsenabler=no or -x to boot up, otherwise the spinner spins on the apple boot screen for a while, and then abruptly stops spinning.

I also have problems with iCloud and graphics (many artefacts).
Audio doesnt seem to work at all...
For network, I'm using a USB adapter with some sort of driver which seems to work, not sure about Ethernet.
All drives seem to work, at normal speed.
I'm not sure about USB3

Veterans, please help ......

Thanks in advance
Slapster

Hi, i have the same mobo dh67cl with a core i5 2400 and nvidia gts 450

I managed to install Mountain Lion yesterday and everything seems to went well except for power management because the computer doesn't shutdown completely just the monitor and hard drives, but fans and leds keep blinking.

Audio is working, i managed to do this selecting the following on multibeast:
drivers and bootloaders> drivers> audio> non-dsdt > and just select alc892 (only mark that box, in multibeast lion i used to select alc88... codec, and applehda rollback, but in this new multibeast you don't)

As for graphics, i don't recommend using the integrated vga, all nvidia cards from the 200 series and later seems to work fine, my graphics works out of the box, and if you want to enable ehternet you should select hanks ethernet on
multibeast.

Hope this helps and good luck.

ps. i'll be testing a dsdt set up with this mobo and try to get the system to shutdown properly, if I have any succes i will let you know.

I have a similar board-I'm using the Intel DH67BL with the i7 2600k. After a fresh install of Mountain Lion, no Multibeast yet, I have ethernet working. No audio, graphics are just basic vga, and the only way I can boot the system is by typing in "graphicsenabler=no" at the chimera bootloader.

I have tried to install ALC892 without DSDT and the audio does in fact work (that is the correct one for this board), but after rebooting the system I have to reformat the hdd and reinstall Mountain Lion from scratch if I want to get back in. It gets a KP when booting in Verbose mode after installing the audio. I haven't even tried to mess with the HD 3000 graphics yet...
Have you guys had any of these symptoms?

Any more information that can be added to this thread to get us all up and running great is appreciated!

Hi Everybody, no luck using dsdt from older Mac OS X Versions to fix the shutdown issue, if anyone knows how to fix this i would be very thankful.

Shaddy515, I didn't experince any of those issues, but I think it may have to do with your integrated VGA.
My friend liked my setup so he bought an mini ATX DH67BL, Core i5 2500k, Zotac 210, and today i did the installation in his machine, everything went fine except the shutdown which like in my setup doesn't shutdown completely.

The steps we followed where:

-Boot with Unibeast (I used the boot flag* "PCIRootUID=0" on chameleon otherwise the screen went off)
-Install ML as usual in a Mac Journaled formated HD
- After installation completed, reboot and Boot with the Unibeast again and selected the Mountain Lion installed partition (again used the boot flag* PCIRootUID=0 so the screen didn't went off)
- Once in the desktop used latest release of multibeast and selected the following:
- EasyBeast
- Drivers and bootloaders> Audio> ALC8XX > Without Dsdt > And selected only ALC892 ( Which is the right for DH67BL and DH67CL)
- Drivers > Network > Hnaks Apple Ehternet
- Customization > Boot > PCIRootUID Fix *
- Customization > Themes > You can select either
And that was all in Multibeast.
- * Closed Multibeast (Don't restart yet) and edited the "org.chameleon.boot.plist" file in Root/Extra folder
- In that file I've changed the line that said something about "PCIRootUID=1" and changed to "PCIRootUID=0"
- Closed text editor, rebooted without the Unibeast USB
- Next time you turn on the computer: the HDD booted by itself and graphics where fully working OOB, Sound and ethernet also worked, only the shutdown issue where after you shutdown from Mac OS X you have to turn off computer manually.
- After severals Boots, nothing changed everything keeps working fine ( Because you said that after reboot audio was gone in your set up)

*Important*: If you can reach the Unibeast installer without the PCIRootUID=0 command in chameleon, then you shouldn't worry about booting the installation whit this flag, selecting PCIRootUID Fix in Multibeast or editing the org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I suspect that the need to use PCIRoot... happens because of the motherboard and GPU set up, as i mentioned my friend and I have Nvidia GPUs.

Also, I recommend buying any nvidia GPU (2XX series or later) or Ati (5xxx series or later) Because they have full support on OSX ML, You can get a really cheap but decent GPU from 35$ like my friend's Zotac Nvidia 210, or mine GTS450 for about 100$ Both worked well with Mountain Lion.

Hope this helped.

Thanks a lot guys! while I haven't event tried to fix the booting, audio and ethernet works!
@w_pg$ thanks a bunch! Anyway, what kind of performance do you get with the 210? Is it significantly better then the IGP?
@shady515 i do have the graphicsenabler problem, but no such problem with audio. I believe that the problem has nothing to do with the audio (but what do I know? i am not a expert :(..... ) Try a different bootloader maybe? You could also try booting safe (-x), or reinstalling the kext.

I had boot problem after installing Windows 7 home 64bit after installing in another HDD.
To get mac working without unibeast usb I had to disable UEFI in bios. Then start with the unibeast installer, Open terminal and made the mountain lion partition active, reboot.
Now my system boots normally. I made a DSDT of Intel DH67CL B3 earlier.
So far USB 3 and sleep not working.

I have a system config as below

Mountain lion 10.8.2
Intel i5 2400
Intel DH67CL B3
8GB DDR3 1333
HDD 500GB hitachi
XFX GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB

@simple_43
For USB3, you could try the renesas drivers in multibeast. No luck with sleep, power ): ......

Hey could you post your dsdt files for your motherboard. I have the same one with no access to a Mac and I need the files and a little help with steps without a Mac. Thanks a lot if you can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back