2. LC
  3. Plus
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm running 10.9.1 on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 v1.0 with F12 BIOS and DSDT using a i7 2600K CPU and 16GB of RAM. I added FileNVRAM to get iMessage working and set up a recovery partition just because. Things have been working well.

My problem comes in with my Virtual Machines. I've been using VirtualBox, but often have issues with USB and other little things that I have just put up with. The clencher though, was that I needed to set up a fresh Mavericks VM to test a VPN environment and could not get VirtualBox to cooperate. I decided, since I owned Parallels, that I would just move over to that and quit messing with VirtualBox.

So I installed a copy of Parallels Desktop 9 and migrated my VMs. My Windows XP, DOS, and BSD VMs were all converted seamlessly. However, when I try to install a new Mavericks VM from the AppStore Installer I get an error stating:

"Mac OS virtual machines can run only on computers having Mac OS X Leopard (version 10.5.1 or higher) or Mac OS X Tiger (version 10.4.11 or higher) installed."

I did this same process on my MacBook running 10.9.1 and it created and ran the VM fine. I tried moving that VM over to my Hack, but get that same error message when I try to launch it.

Things seem to be in order with my SMBIOS and everything reports as it should in System Profiler and GeekBench.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any thoughts as to what a solution might be?

Thanks!

Yes, its a very easy fix.. You just need to run a script first..and then will work perfect..
Let me find it..

Run this script in terminal..

sudo nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11d2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent=1

Down side is, you will need to run this after every boot.

but your osx client will run fine in parallels..

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I am not sure why this fix is so hard to find.

I needed this to install 10.6 Snow Leopard Servers using Parallels Desktop 9 on my Mavericks 10.9 Hackintosh.

Parallels 9 with any OS X Guest not working

Using the "nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11d2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent=1" hack at the command line worked initially under 10.9.2 with Parallels 9 on my Hack Pro but now when I run the command as either me or root, I get the following errors:

COMMAND LINE:
nvram: Error setting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11d2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent': (iokit/common) general error

AND

PARALLELS 9:
Mac OS virtual machines can run only on computers having Mac OS X Leopard (version 10.5.1 or higher) or Mac OS X Tiger (version 10.4.11 or higher) installed.

Not sure why I suddenly can not set the nvram variable anymore without an arror. The VM that I need to use for a particular custom app is running Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to solve this issue.

I wrote a shell script and was planning to run a cron job as root to set the nvram variable but it seems if you try to set it as root from a shell script, it just errors out with that I error I noted previously. Strange.

I am able to do a "sudo nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11d2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent=1" manually from my account at the command line and it works...

...need more coffee :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back