Contribute
Register

p8p67 ws revolution, can't get audio to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I deleted the 3 instances of PEGP from my dsdt. That didn't resolve the two errors i was getting previously, I still had to leave the following code in to be able to compile:
Code:
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                Offset (0x08), 
                    ,   15, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Even though it compiled, sound didn't come on. I saw a post from someone else you were helping who got "timed out" messages in their sound assertions, i'm afraid im getting the same thing. Ive attached the ioreg, and sound assertions log. I shouldn't have a bios issue until 3xxx, and im on 2105... a modded one.. Also, UseKernelCache=Yes is in the Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I hope we can get it to work... :(

Attachments

• Amit’s Mac Pro.zip
    458.2 KB · Views: 69
  • sound assertion.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 105
shukidevdas said:
ok I deleted the 3 instances of PEGP from my dsdt.
Leave the above code in HDEF. The code in your dsdt/HDEF/Method (_DSM... needs to match the dsdt is Post 1. AppleHDA.kext is not loading properly. Reply with your dsdt. Consider a clean install.

shukidevdas said:
2. in system report, audio shows up correctly for my board, p8p67 ws revolution (bios 2105). i know that the 3xxx bios have issue with audio working, so i should be ok right?

structurally, the 2105 bios for your board is the same as the 3xxx bioses for other boards.
it is possible that as this board is less common, asus didnt feel the need to update as much, so when the 3xxx roms were released, they just named them 2xxx for the ws revolution.

not all boards with 3xxx roms are affected, but it could be possible yours is one of them

sorry for the late response, was having trouble loggin in. ok so im pretty sure that my bios is affected and i won't be able to get sound to play because of it. Ive done many clean installs, applied the correct kext in multibeast, and still nothing. So.. I've order a bios replacement chip from ASUS that is the BIOS 1202, as I recall sound working with that version. When it comes in, I will remake my DSDT and hope that the sound works. If not I'll be back here asking you guys to help me out haha. toleda, think you could help me fix the graphics card issue, or should we wait until i downgrade the bios and have a new DSDT to work with?

Go to to the linked page, scroll down to HDEF Edits:Audio ID:889, layout-id: 379, make the HDEF in your dsdt look like the one in the post. OK?. Your audio problem is related to the problem in your dsdt/HDEF.

Your second card is a slave to the first card in OS X. If you want to try something to fix that we can make another edit in the dsdt.

Hey toleda, I was finally able to get sound to work. thank you and samisnake soo much! you guys rock! it was because of the new BIOS that sound was not working for me. After replacing the bios chip with a previous version, sound started working. to my surprise, youtube, quicktime, skype, and everything else started working as well. now i was wondering if you could help me maybe with the graphics card issue im having? the first card shows up fine at 1536mb, but the second one which is actually in slot 3, is showing 1mb and that it is in slot 2. can you help me a dsdt edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back