Contribute
Register

P8P67 Pro Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone managed to get a 100% config on this board?

I managed to install 10.6 with the gigabyte iso, but I can't boot now. I installed the 10.6.6 combo update, without rebooting I used mutibeast to install most of the drivers I need for my p8p67 deluxe. The problem is that my screen is black no matter what I enter at startup. I have a gtx 580, I tried arch=i386 -x -v. It doesn't work.. The gpu doesn't work(nvenabler reports 0mb of video memory) but it doesn't work at all now..

freemini said:
I managed to install 10.6 with the gigabyte iso, but I can't boot now. I installed the 10.6.6 combo update, without rebooting I used mutibeast to install most of the drivers I need for my p8p67 deluxe. The problem is that my screen is black no matter what I enter at startup. I have a gtx 580, I tried arch=i386 -x -v. It doesn't work.. The gpu doesn't work(nvenabler reports 0mb of video memory) but it doesn't work at all now..

try booting with -PCIRootUID=1?

JedixJarf said:
freemini said:

try booting with -PCIRootUID=1?

Same thing.. I tried installing again yesterday, this time I installed all drivers after the 10.6.6 update(including fermi drivers). I only checked EasyDSDT and audio/network.. I don't get it, there are no kernel panics or things like this..
UPDATE: I used another hdd, and unplugged all the others, it installed 10.6.6 and the drivers and it booted(with the gigabyte DVD). I installed the sandy bridge chameleon but that doesn't boot. So I tried the normal chameleon and that almost booted but stopped after Ethernet :(. I'll try rebooting, but I'll leave it a little longer first. I also installed the BridgeHelper kernel. That dammed DSMOS thing.. It doesn't arrive. I doesn't even boot in safe mode..
A new day, more tries. I'm gonna try using the latest beta osx combo update, which would definetly work much better with my CPU. But later since I just woke up.

How do i change the busratio to 29? This is my boot.plist file. I'm a noob, so don't hate me please.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

j12395 said:
How do i change the busratio to 29? This is my boot.plist file. I'm a noob, so don't hate me please.

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

in the kernel flags section of the /E/E/com.apple.Boot.plist
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 busratio=29</string>

j2quinn said:
j12395 said:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

in the kernel flags section of the /E/E/com.apple.Boot.plist
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 busratio=29</string>

It doesn't let me save the file when i edit it. is there a way around it?

here is what came up:
The document “com.apple.Boot.plist” could not be saved.

j12395 said:
It doesn't let me save the file when i edit it. is there a way around it?

here is what came up:
The document “com.apple.Boot.plist” could not be saved.

Ok first of all you dont need to use busratio=29 if you use the correct bootloader and kernel but putting that to one side in order to answer your question..

Simply copy the com.apple.Boot.plist file to your desktop, edit that copy and save it then delete the original file from the extra folder and copy the edited one from your desktop over to extra.

Have you tried booting with -x (safe mode) -v (verbose) as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back