Contribute
Register

P8P67 Pro Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoshNYC said:
Still worth trying the DSDT out? If so, I'm up for it. Can you get me a link to steps that I should take? I have the 1253 BIOS - I'll flash to the official 1204.

You just need to name it DSDT.aml and stick it in the /EXTRA folder, run Kext Utility and restart.

I haven't looked into being able to downgrade bios files on the new ASUS boards, so I'm not sure if that's even possible.

beelzebozo said:
JoshNYC said:
Still worth trying the DSDT out? If so, I'm up for it. Can you get me a link to steps that I should take? I have the 1253 BIOS - I'll flash to the official 1204.

You just need to name it DSDT.aml and stick it in the /EXTRA folder, run Kext Utility and restart.

I haven't looked into being able to downgrade bios files on the new ASUS boards, so I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Ok. Will give the downgrade a shot and see what happens. As far as installing the DSDT, do I need to remove EasyBeast installs, etc?

JoshNYC said:
beelzebozo said:
JoshNYC said:

Ok. Will give the downgrade a shot and see what happens. As far as installing the DSDT, do I need to remove EasyBeast installs, etc?

You can try to boot just with just FakeSMC and apple.com.boot.plist installed, however I'm not sure how the ASUS P67 boards act with MultiBeast as I don't own one yet and haven't been able to test anything myself so I can't really say specifically but I think that's a good starting point.

Check how USB works and if your audio shows as onboard since it uses:

Realtek® ALC889 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

beelzebozo said:
You can try to boot just with just FakeSMC and apple.com.boot.plist installed, however I'm not sure how the ASUS P67 boards act with MultiBeast as I don't own one yet and haven't been able to test anything myself so I can't really say specifically but I think that's a good starting point.

No, the P8P67 Pro uses the ALC892 codec. It's in the motherboard manual.

Update: Removed VoodooHDA and used the ALC8xxHDA.kext combined with a HDAEnabler for ALC892 and Audio works perfectly, no hissing/crackling.

lokisfenrir said:
beelzebozo said:

No, the P8P67 Pro uses the ALC892 codec. It's in the motherboard manual.

Update: Removed VoodooHDA and used the ALC8xxHDA.kext combined with a HDAEnabler for ALC892 and Audio works perfectly, no hissing/crackling.

You're right, I had looked at the wrong specs. My bad. The DSDT doesn't have an HDEF edit anyway.

Ok. Finally got a chance to install the DSDT but I didn't see any difference really. I'm going the kext route for now on audio and Ethernet.

Using my extracted, non-modified DSDT, i now have functioning bluetooth.

Edit: Stopped working after reboot, not sure why. While it was functioning i managed to pair it with a slim apple bt keyboard.

dissed said:
Using my extracted, non-modified DSDT, i now have functioning bluetooth.

Edit: Stopped working after reboot, not sure why. While it was functioning i managed to pair it with a slim apple bt keyboard.

I have bluetooth working, with the DSDT, and indeed, somtimes it stops working over here also. but when I boot windows 7, and then again osx, the bluetooth works again! Strange and unreliable for the moment...

I've managed to get everything working except Bluetooth (which I don't need). I haven't been able to get audio working with anything except VoodooHDA in 32-bit or 64-bit mode, and with it I'm getting an issue with a constant hiss (which seems to be quite common, according to Google). Is this not possible to fix easily (and is there a chance that the audio will be fixed after SB goes into official Macs, or will that not do anything besides allow us to use a vanilla kernel)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back