Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My system, originally built 3ish years ago for Snow Leopard, then upgraded to Lion, and now running Mavericks, is having a sound issue. When I load a movie using Quicktime, there is no problem with sound and video, but unfortunately thats the only sound that works. iTunes, iMovie, AfterEffects, YouTube, Vimeo, and all other audio and/or videos start to lag/not play smooth and audio has lots of static...when it plays for 1 sec.

After a week or so of searching these boards and searching Google, I still have found no solutions that work for me.

I tried a custo-built audio kext from a forum post...nope
I tried playing with the Hz in MIDI Setup...nope
I tried deleting and reloading every single audio kext from Multibeast...nope

So now...at the end of my rope, I reach out to you all, those in the know, those who have faced this issue straight on without blinking an eye, grabbed it by the horns and wrestled it to the ground....What do I do to fix this!?

MB: P7P55D-E Pro
Video: EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500
Processor: i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
(I dont think you need the rest)

My system, originally built 3ish years ago for Snow Leopard, then upgraded to Lion, and now running Mavericks, is having a sound issue. When I load a movie using Quicktime, there is no problem with sound and video, but unfortunately thats the only sound that works. iTunes, iMovie, AfterEffects, YouTube, Vimeo, and all other audio and/or videos start to lag/not play smooth and audio has lots of static...when it plays for 1 sec.

After a week or so of searching these boards and searching Google, I still have found no solutions that work for me.

I tried a custo-built audio kext from a forum post...nope
I tried playing with the Hz in MIDI Setup...nope
I tried deleting and reloading every single audio kext from Multibeast...nope

So now...at the end of my rope, I reach out to you all, those in the know, those who have faced this issue straight on without blinking an eye, grabbed it by the horns and wrestled it to the ground....What do I do to fix this!?

MB: P7P55D-E Pro
Video: EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500
Processor: i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
(I dont think you need the rest)

Are you using VoodooHDA for audio? I can honestly say it's pretty horrible since 10.8 and you are probably going to experience nothing but headaches. Get a cheap USB sound card and your problems will be over.

Are you using VoodooHDA for audio?

Yes, I have tried all of the VoodooHDA that Multibeast has, even found one online that was supposed to work with the P7P55D-E and no luck. Some of them, obviously, made audio completely not function. Others just replicated the problem.

Get a cheap USB sound card and your problems will be over.

Yeah, thats my final option, but hoping the answer would come about before I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back