Contribute
Register

OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-DELUXE
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am trying to install OS X Yosemite on my Asus Z97-Deluxe hackintosh (i7 4790k, GTX 780)

I had a perfectly working Clover install following the tips on this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...board-ac-wifi-bluetooth-4-0-secure-drive.html

This is not my first hackintosh so I usually know how to fix problems by myself but this time I am stuck. I can install Yosemite without any problem, and boot into the system. I installed Clover on the SSD so I don't need the USB stick to boot.

However, after some reboots when I install my kexts, I can't boot anymore into Yosemite (even using the USB install stick).
I get an OsxAPtioFixDrv error : requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block.

Some people said to add slide=0 to the boot args. That did not help. I also tried to use OsxLowMemFixDrv, without success either (stuck after "root device uuid is xxxxxx")

I managed to get it working again once by booting to the recovery HD and deleting the kext cache and rebuilding it using kextcatch -update-volume. This lets me boot again to my Yosemite install, but after a reboot or two, I get the same error again.

I once fixed it also by removing some kexts from the Clover injected kexts folder. But got the same error after a reboot too...

Am I the only one with this problem?

My problem was fixed.

It was because of nvidia's web driver.

Uninstalled it and it's now working.

Thanks for posting back what solved it for you. I am currently experiencing this problem. Never made a USB drive because I just did an in-place upgrade. Installed the web driver, used it for a couple days, only shut it down to install a wifi card, it booted fine (probably because each time it had to discard the kextcache), and then just now I rebooted and can't get in. Verbose mode gives me the OsxAptioFixDrv. Rebooting to the recovery partition on the drive hangs up and won't finish, so I'm making a USB drive. Hopefully that does it. :D

Following up: i couldn't boot from teh USB drive I made either :eek: so I went into the BIOS and re-checked settings. Found the serial ports got enabled somehow, so I disabled those. Then I could boot into the recovery partition on the drive. Ran kextcache -update-volume /Volumes/(SSDpath) and it rebuilt the cache. Rebooted and all is well except for sound. Installed the CloverALC patch again (I think an un-patched version got cached). Back in Yosemite. Gotta uninstall all that nVidia crap which I guess I don't need to use anyway. lol

Again: many thanks!

Experienced the same issue in Clover when I installed the Nvidia web driver (343.01.01f02) earlier today. Used a Clover USB stick to boot into the recovery partition and rebuild the kext cache. This allowed me to get back into Yosemite after which adding slide=0 to the Clover boot args fixed the issue for me.

Experienced the same issue in Clover when I installed the Nvidia web driver (343.01.01f02) earlier today. Used a Clover USB stick to boot into the recovery partition and rebuild the kext cache. This allowed me to get back into Yosemite after which adding slide=0 to the Clover boot args fixed the issue for me.

I take it all back - the issue has seemingly returned after a couple of reboots. Going without the Nvidia web driver for now until I further understand how to fix the issue properly.

Update: I read a suggestion on another forum to try a developmental OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi that was being worked on to fix hibernate issues and that seems to have solved the issue for me. Tested with the latest Nvidia web driver (343.01.01f03) and seems to have survived kext rebuilds and reboots with no problems so far.

I take it all back - the issue has seemingly returned after a couple of reboots. Going without the Nvidia web driver for now until I further understand how to fix the issue properly.

Update: I read a suggestion on another forum to try a developmental OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi that was being worked on to fix hibernate issues and that seems to have solved the issue for me. Tested with the latest Nvidia web driver (343.01.01f03) and seems to have survived kext rebuilds and reboots with no problems so far.

I think I ran into the same issue. I ended up restoring from backed up image. Can you post a link to the forum or the experimental efi?

My problem was fixed.

It was because of nvidia's web driver.

Uninstalled it and it's now working.

hihi. thanks for sharing. but how did you removed the webdriver without booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back