CPU
i5 Hasswel
Graphics
ATI radeon
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,
I've been following the forum and this website for several years now, but I've never actually needed hackintosh for anything serious. Until now. So here's the thing - I'm a musician and I need OSX for work (Pro Tools, Sibelius). However there are several things I don't like with my current setup and I was wondering if there is some workaround. I know some can be solved with multibeast, but even so, I don't know which options to pick.

1. As mentioned - my laptop is with intel haswell i5-4200M @ 2.5 GHz x 4. My kernel is patched and the system boots and works fine. Well, almost...
a) I can't boot without first adding the cpus=1 flag. And if possible I'd like to use all of the available cores.
b) Unfortunately before every boot I need to manually type all my boot flags, including which kernel is to be used. Because even though I replaced the kernel it still loads the old one from the cache. Can I fix this? Also, how to predefine all the needed boot flags, so I don't have to type them in every time?​
2. Sound. The internal sound card (which believe it or not I still need) is HDA intel. And it doesn't work. Is there a specific kext I should use? Fortunately my external sound cards works (Lexicon Omega, and Creative Sound Blaster USB). However I need the internal sound card to quick check stuff on my speakers.
3. Network - needless to say, I don't have connection. My laptop comes with Realtek RTL8188E. I ma quite aware there are currently no kexts for this one. So during the final steps of the setup I had to choose "this computer doesn't connect to the internet". However now I have another problem. I had the idea to use my phone (android, although I have an old iphone 4s) for connection, as I'm able to share wi-fi connection trough USB tathering. Well, aparently I can't do that - the phone doesn't appear as a network device at all. Is there anything I can do?
4. Power management - apparently Mavericks doesn't know I'm on a laptop. There is no battery information whatsoever. Can I change this?
5. Ext4 file system support - Ok. So my main OS is Ubuntu. Naturally most of my documents are on a ext4 file system. Can I read and mount those disks on Mavericks? If yes, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all,
I've been following the forum and this website for several years now, but I've never actually needed hackintosh for anything serious. Until now. So here's the thing - I'm a musician and I need OSX for work (Pro Tools, Sibelius). However there are several things I don't like with my current setup and I was wondering if there is some workaround. I know some can be solved with multibeast, but even so, I don't know which options to pick.

1. As mentioned - my laptop is with intel haswell i5-4200M @ 2.5 GHz x 4. My kernel is patched and the system boots and works fine. Well, almost...
a) I can't boot without first adding the cpus=1 flag. And if possible I'd like to use all of the available cores.
b) Unfortunately before every boot I need to manually type all my boot flags, including which kernel is to be used. Because even though I replaced the kernel it still loads the old one from the cache. Can I fix this? Also, how to predefine all the needed boot flags, so I don't have to type them in every time?​
2. Sound. The internal sound card (which believe it or not I still need) is HDA intel. And it doesn't work. Is there a specific kext I should use? Fortunately my external sound cards works (Lexicon Omega, and Creative Sound Blaster USB). However I need the internal sound card to quick check stuff on my speakers.
3. Network - needless to say, I don't have connection. My laptop comes with Realtek RTL8188E. I ma quite aware there are currently no kexts for this one. So during the final steps of the setup I had to choose "this computer doesn't connect to the internet". However now I have another problem. I had the idea to use my phone (android, although I have an old iphone 4s) for connection, as I'm able to share wi-fi connection trough USB tathering. Well, aparently I can't do that - the phone doesn't appear as a network device at all. Is there anything I can do?
4. Power management - apparently Mavericks doesn't know I'm on a laptop. There is no battery information whatsoever. Can I change this?
5. Ext4 file system support - Ok. So my main OS is Ubuntu. Naturally most of my documents are on a ext4 file system. Can I read and mount those disks on Mavericks? If yes, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Why do you need a modified kernel on a Haswell platform? Haven't heard of it before.
2. To sort out audio problems, you need first find out your audio codec, something like "ALC233".
You may use CloverALC to get audio working. Finding a kext on the internet is not better than local patching.
3. I have no experience with wifi card similar to yours, ask somebody else.
4. Check out ACPIBatteryManager
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

Also notice that battery is not equal to "power management". You need ssdtPRgen.sh to get power management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back