- Sep 12, 2015
- Asus ROG G750JX-DB71
- Intel Core-i7 4700HQ
- Nvidia Geforce GTX770 3GB GDDR5
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Hi RehabMan - I have tried all the above methods but no success in having sound from my inbuilt subwoofer. I have 10.10.5 on Asus ROG G750JX-DB71, and sound is working through the front speakers only.HDMI-audio on Haswell has several requirements:
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU/HDEF/HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)
I'm using Vanilla AppleHDA patched via DSDT (layout-3), CodecCommander(Yours), and I'm booting from clover. If you have time, please look at the files extracted from my system in the attachment below.
Much Thanks in advance