Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
lukarak said:
I've just been trying out a reference NVIDIA GTX 460 786 MB, and it seems that over the weekend there was no kernel panics. I left the computer on idle.

The configuration is 5.1 with AGPM.kext edit, scores about 27 in cinebench and 1800 in novabench.

How often do these freezes happen on average. Do they happen while idling or while doing something.

What's the AGPM.kext edit and how do I do it please? I will try anything at present!

The new update 10.6.7 solved all my GTS 450 freeze problems. I even enabled c1 and c-states + p-states with the Anval boot loader. Everything works great so far. No random freezes, no KP.

YAY!

Btw, I run SLI GTS 450 and it works great.

Retail_256.01.00f03v6.dmg 10.6.7 released

Shealock said:
Carstimann said:
Retail_256.01.00f03v6.dmg 10.6.7 released

Works?

The same drivers are in this package- it's just that NVIDIA has to keep changing it's distribution file for the latest OS version so that it works, ie. 10.6.7. We've removed the restriction in the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update. Only difference.

The drivers are the same old ones:

NVDAGF100Hal:

Version: 1.3.4
Last Modified: 10/10/10 11:14 PM
Get Info String: NVDAGF100Hal 1.3.4.0 (256.01.00f03)
Kind: Intel
Architectures: i386, x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 3.0.4
Load Address: 0xffffff7f80c37000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied

Oh hi. new user of hackintosh! im facing this problem too! GTX 460 also :(
Hope can solve the freeze problem
! :angel:

kokomal said:
The new update 10.6.7 solved all my GTS 450 freeze problems. I even enabled c1 and c-states + p-states with the Anval boot loader. Everything works great so far. No random freezes, no KP.

YAY!

How many freezes were you getting per day before you updated to 10.6.7?

theLorax said:
kokomal said:

YAY!

Dont know man, but it was pretty annoying. Sometimes my hackintosh would run for 1-2 hours, sometimes just 15 mins. But now its runing for 10 hours without problems. Before i had c1 and c-state disabled in bios, now those are enabled and i added :

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to com.Apple.Boot.plist

kokomal said:
theLorax said:
kokomal said:

YAY!

Dont know man, but it was pretty annoying. Sometimes my hackintosh would run for 1-2 hours, sometimes just 15 mins. But now its runing for 10 hours without problems. Before i had c1 and c-state disabled in bios, now those are enabled and i added :

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to com.Apple.Boot.plist

That's great news. Has anyone else had luck with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back