Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
karacho said:
edwardo said:
hawgguy said:
And I too am Russian, but from Texas y'all.

and I am italian living in down under Ozzieland Australia!
And i think it's Off Topic. Put your Country in your profiles, so everyone can see from where you are.

Hahaha! )) Whatever, fermi freeze continues :beachball:

I tried everything on this topic :
new fermi drivers from vidia
modified drivers from tonymac
pci speed modified in bios
pci and ram speed modified in bios

and it's like only two solution works after all :
- the use of wallsaver, but it's not really a "solution"
- a bios flash of the GC under windows

i'll stick with the bios flash, easy to do and proven long term solution for avoiding the freezes.

Waiting SL 10.6.7 to see if the graphics part evolves or not

karacho said:
edwardo said:
hawgguy said:
And I too am Russian, but from Texas y'all.

and I am italian living in down under Ozzieland Australia!
And i think it's Off Topic. Put your Country in your profiles, so everyone can see from where you are.

A little humour is never "OFF Topic"! Cheer up mate!

Anyone following this thread?
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=231898

I don't recall anyone loading the quadro rom and having success but a person on there claims to have success.

EDIT: I read one of the posts wrong. they were talking about the quadro driver and not a quadro rom... for some reason I thought they flashed a 450 with a quadro rom and it worked lol. Time to go to sleep.

Did anyone else notice a slight increase in stability with the new 266.58 release?

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=187401

Has anyone seen this or tried it. Sorry if someone has already posted about this, I couldn't find anyone who had. They are claiming that an evga power boost might have solved their freezing issue in windows. On the last page of the post he says he has been freeze free for a week. Just didn't know if this would apply for hackintosh fermi users or if it even makes sense as a solution. I just really hate freezing and kp's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back