Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
elpibe10 said:
Nope. Still freezing with my other Gigabyte Fermi rig.
Same solution ... active wallpaper or looping video = no freeze

Same thing for me, nothing changed after 10.6.6 ...

Does anybody know when Nvidia is suppose to release updates?

EDIT: Setting the screensaver my wallpaper seems to fix the problem. However, I noticed that overall the system feels a little laggish (in terms of the graphical effects and regardless of the moving wallpaper), when compared to my 9600GT.

I'm currently testing the PCI-E Clock = 100Mhz (BIOS setting) instead of "Auto".

No freeze for now but I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched. :shifty:

On my motherboard dont have pci-e clock on bios how i set its ? I got h55m-ud2h (rev. 1.3) i update to 10.6.6 and new nvida drive still freeze :banghead:

PCI-Express set to 100, system is stable on MacPro3,1 but some laggish on GTS450.
Switching to MacPro4,1 with edited AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext result in non-lag and smooth UI but freeze happens. Changing the High_Threshold and Low_Threshold values might prevent the freeze in MacPro 4,1 and smooth UI in this case.

I have updated my GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 BIOS to version FE. So far so good after 3 days. I will post as i get more time with the new version.

dewer said:
At the moment i´m going to sleep mode with the video in the background, so everything is okay when i boot it up again ;)

Works also even if the video is in stop, not necessary play.

illmatic24 said:
Does anybody know when Nvidia is suppose to release updates?

EDIT: Setting the screensaver my wallpaper seems to fix the problem. However, I noticed that overall the system feels a little laggish (in terms of the graphical effects and regardless of the moving wallpaper), when compared to my 9600GT.

Yes it does feel very sluggish to a point of being unusable (okay maybe that's rather subjective :p). Even my other rig with an 8400GS feels a lot snappier (now this is definitely objective).

Still no freeze with PCI-E Clock = 100Mhz.

Seems to be working. Not sluggish at all, I even played Portal with max settings and no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back