Graphics
AMD HD5850 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
We probably won't see this until next year sometime as the article suggests but when it does come out hopefully its an easy upgrade for us hackintosh builders :)

From: http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/13/apple-to-hold-media-event-october-20th-well-be-there-live/

"Apple to hold 'Back to the Mac' event on October 20th, we'll be there live!
By Joshua Topolsky posted Oct 13th 2010 11:06AM
Breaking News

Oh boy. New Air? Verizon iPhone? Jobs grows a huge beard? Probably not. Apple wants to talk about "what's new for the Mac," which could mean some hardware -- but the company definitely wants to talk software too. See that lion sneaking around behind the logo? Apple is bringing the media out to Cupertino to discuss (amongst other things) the next version of OS X. That's right -- a non-mobile product. If you think it's too early for 10.7, don't worry -- last time we did this dance, the company previewed Snow Leopard about a year before it hit your screens. The whole thing goes down at 10AM PT on October 20th, and we'll be covering the news live! Stay tuned."

I can't wait for this, and I'll be waiting on any and all hardware upgrades until I learn more about this, and see what type of magic Tony and the guys can pull. :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lion.png

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Jump, Jump.

Bring on better graphics support. Hope Hope.

And support for the new i7-995x. Yes, Yes please.

rabbit.

USB3 :D
Ow, graphics upgrades too... ;)

USB 3.0 would be on the top of my wish list as well.

That and 64-bit native support for Final Cut Studio... and well, everything else too. :D

Blackstar said:
USB 3.0 would be on the top of my wish list as well.

That and 64-bit native support for Final Cut Studio... and well, everything else too. :D

I'm on the fence about USB 3.0. I REALLY want the speed, of course. But, everytime a shift like this takes place, it just means all new peripherals. :( I agree it needs to happen though, so I'll just have to bite the bullet in the name of performance/speed upgrades. :lol:

Vendetta said:
I'm on the fence about USB 3.0. I REALLY want the speed, of course. But, everytime a shift like this takes place, it just means all new peripherals.
'

I'll just buy a USB 3.0 enclosure for loose SATA hard drives. ;) Will be nice to have the added speed for external drives hooked to the hack- although my board has eSATA, I haven't invested in an enclosure yet. Perhaps a new one with both... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back