Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading it in Lithuania 3MB/s

Installing on my old Intel i7 920 - DX58SO 16GB RAM / 120GB SSD Intel 320 Series. GTX 650 Ti

Wish me luck is much appreciated! :headbang:

Downloaded here in the UK

doing the unibeast thing...

i did a time machine backup but didnt clone my drive.... i dont have any important stuff on there anyway!
my only problem would be if my windows drive somehow fails!

keep you updated on my progress...

see my details for specs......

So far the updating hasn't been very pleasant or successful. As always, I made a bootable backup and booted from it to make sure it's OK (I ALWAYS do this) Then made the thumbdrive with Yosemite which booted OK. After a 18 minute installation the disk would boot, but there is no USB, so no keyboard, no mouse. I went through this 3 times, same result. Of course I can't install Multibeast because of this.
Any ideas?

Edit: I also tried to update from the downloaded "Install OS X Yosemite.app"
It starts up and goes through of the install for about 15 seconds, but of course it doesn't install anything. I've had similar experiences with previous OS downloads. They were only successful from the Unibeast installed thumbdrives.

Edit: After about 6 hours I've had a gutsful of Yosemite. I might try it again in a few weeks time. Right now the installation is too flaky for me. Kernel panics, "Errors encountered while starting the computer. Pausing 5 seconds" USB dead sometimes, no keyboard or mouse. Haven't had so much hassle since I started with hacks four years ago. Right now I'm restoring from my SuperDuper! backup.

why don't you try booting your backup, running multibeast from there and apply it to your fresh install disk?

I downloaded Yosemite last night, took about 10 minutes. I then downloaded new Unibeast and Multibeast and flash drive for install. I ran a TM backup but I also want to do a full clone in case something happens. the majority of my data is stored on a NAS drive but I do have a lot of pics and vids of the kiddos on my Mac HDD. I actually just went and bought a new HDD to make a full clone onto in case something goes wrong so I do not loose any data.

What is the best way to make an exact bootable copy of my HDD so that if something happens, I can simply boot from the new drive?

Had the same thing when using clover, if so, there should be another boot option but mavericks, something saying "install os x ...". Then you boot into the installer and afterwards you should have yosemite waiting for you :)

Grtz

I still can't get it to go from software update method. I reboot, I have no other boot options in Chimera beside my boot drive.

I can't figure out why OSX is not doing the upgrade.

Running Yosemite!!! I installed using Unibest 5.0 Method.

Use a USB of 8GB or higher.

1. Download Yosemite from Store
2. Download UniBeast 5.0
3. Run UniBest and follow the instructions of the installer.
4. Restart the machine and start from the USB.
5. Install Yosemite from the USB
6. Reboot

If anything drop me a line

Use a USB of 8GB or higher.

1. Download Yosemite from Store
2. Download UniBeast 5.0
3. Run UniBest and follow the instructions of the installer.
4. Restart the machine and start from the USB.
5. Install Yosemite from the USB
6. Reboot

If anything drop me a line

kernel problem!

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 7.35.37 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back