Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed here, the only thing not working, its the USB 3.0 ports. I have tried to install the USB 3.0 Universal from multibeast, but it didnt work.

Hardware is:
[h=1]GA-Z87M-D3H [/h]
Any help, would be appreciated!

Just started downloading in Mongolia. Average speed 250KB/s which is normal for my 2mb connection.
Have to wait about 6 hours. Best thing about my ISP is no restriction on download speed at night.
Maybe i should stop downloading for now and wait few hours to get average down speed 5MB/s (100mb/s connection).
Glad to see Yosemite compatible Uni-Multibeast's are already out. Behalf of all Mongolian hackintoshers
thank you Tony, Macman and all others involved to create, share with us those wonderful tools.
Waiting to hear successful installation report from fellow owners of Asus x58 mobo.
Good day, All

So far the updating hasn't been very pleasant or successful. As always, I made a bootable backup and booted from it to make sure it's OK (I ALWAYS do this) Then made the thumbdrive with Yosemite which booted OK. After a 18 minute installation the disk would boot, but there is no USB, so no keyboard, no mouse. I went through this 3 times, same result. Of course I can't install Multibeast because of this.
Any ideas?

Edit: I also tried to update from the downloaded "Install OS X Yosemite.app"
It starts up and goes through of the install for about 15 seconds, but of course it doesn't install anything. I've had similar experiences with previous OS downloads. They were only successful from the Unibeast installed thumbdrives.

Edit: After about 6 hours I've had a gutsful of Yosemite. I might try it again in a few weeks time. Right now the installation is too flaky for me. Kernel panics, "Errors encountered while starting the computer. Pausing 5 seconds" USB dead sometimes, no keyboard or mouse. Haven't had so much hassle since I started with hacks four years ago. Right now I'm restoring from my SuperDuper! backup.

Last edited:
I am unable to sign into the App store to download, keeps giving me an error "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." I am aware of previous problems if your Ethernet is anything other than en0, but can't seem to fix it. I've even removed both instances and reinstalled, but now they both seem to say en1! Suggestions please?

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
Intel Core i7 4770
NVidia GTX 680

Attachments

• AppStore Error.png
    AppStore Error.png
    221 KB · Views: 142
  • Ethernet.png
    Ethernet.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 120
Downloaded via App Store. I click the Install Yosemite installer, run it without error, and it reboots. When it comes back, I'm in Mavericks again. I can't figure out why it says it's installing, but doesn't actually do anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Downloaded via App Store. I click the Install Yosemite installer, run it without error, and it reboots. When it comes back, I'm in Mavericks again. I can't figure out why it says it's installing, but doesn't actually do anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Had the same thing when using clover, if so, there should be another boot option but mavericks, something saying "install os x ...". Then you boot into the installer and afterwards you should have yosemite waiting for you :)

Grtz

So far the updating hasn't been very pleasant or successful. As always, I made a bootable backup and booted from it to make sure it's OK (I ALWAYS do this) Then made the thumbdrive with Yosemite which booted OK. After a 18 minute installation the disk would boot, but there is no USB, so no keyboard, no mouse. I went through this 3 times, same result. Of course I can't install Multibeast because of this.
Any ideas?

Edit: I also tried to update from the downloaded "Install OS X Yosemite.app"
It starts up and goes through of the install for about 15 seconds, but of course it doesn't install anything. I've had similar experiences with previous OS downloads. They were only successful from the Unibeast installed thumbdrives.

Edit: After about 6 hours I've had a gutsful of Yosemite. I might try it again in a few weeks time. Right now the installation is too flaky for me. Kernel panics, "Errors encountered while starting the computer. Pausing 5 seconds" USB dead sometimes, no keyboard or mouse. Haven't had so much hassle since I started with hacks four years ago. Right now I'm restoring from my SuperDuper! backup.

Honestly, it's what attracts me more to yosemite, the fact that it's not all just a few clicks and go, but some more in-depth research. What you should do is the following; install yosemite with the missing kexts etc. Then boot from mavericks, mount the yosemite disk and change the kexts multibeast would on the yosemite disk and repair the disk permissions etc. Also don't forget to boot with the special boot flag to load: kext-dev-mode=1.

If that still doesn't work, try to boot in single user mode and force the system there to rebuild a kext cache.
"kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions"

Don't give up, research

I am unable to sign into the App store to download, keeps giving me an error "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." I am aware of previous problems if your Ethernet is anything other than en0, but can't seem to fix it. I've even removed both instances and reinstalled, but now they both seem to say en1! Suggestions please?

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
Intel Core i7 4770
NVidia GTX 680

That occured for me too. Try lowering the system definitions (Install SMBIOS iMac 13,1) and add "EthernetBuiltIn" to "org.chameleon.boot.plist". It should be working now.

I Just Started Downloading by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back