Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite ALC887/888b audio fixed (My Guide, worked for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
works on 10.10.1 and found this works for 10.9.5 for Dell 580 too.. Never could figure this part out when I moved to Mavericks.. Been without sound since moving to mavericks.. thanks so much for this guide.

Hey patrick797. Thank you so much for the guide. It works great on my asus h77-m le.

do you have static issue on headphone?

with voodoohda, i've lowered the "input gain" to get no noise..

won't work for me :( i have a dell studio xps 8000, all works except audio (realtek alc887)
Yosemite 10.10.2

won't work for me :( i have a dell studio xps 8000, all works except audio (realtek alc887)
Yosemite 10.10.2

If you already tried different fixes, installed AppleHDA.kext & HDAEnabler.kext (System > Library > Extension )
you probably want to delete them before you start Multibeast 7.0.1

Yosemite 10.10.2

I have XPS 8000 as well, and it does work! 10.10.3 :)

Please make sure to set System Preferences->Sound->Internal Speaker to use the GREEN jack on the back.

Otherwise use the headphone jack on the front.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thank you very much!
Finally it's working thanks to you.

Strange.

Gigabyte b75m-d3h -ALC887/888b audio.

Followed the guide and all seemed good. Sound device outputs are there.. But no matter which one I pick, no sound comes out at all.

Tried internal speakers, and other line out etc, but no sound.

Any suggestions would be great.

-- Update : Got sound working on Internal Speakers - Green jack at the back.. No HDMI though.. Pity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back