Motherboard
Dell 0H87XC / Intel HM170
CPU
i7 - 6700hq
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960m (1080p display)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was running dualboot flawlessly since I upgraded to windows 8.1 and accidentaly erased the small disk partition during the install. (I thought it wasn´t important)

Now I can boot Win8.1 normally but I can boot Maverics only with the installation flash drive.
- I cannot install Chameleon (I suppose that is why the partition on disk was there:banghead:)

Is there any way to fix it other than reinstalling maverics?
Any help appretiated

I was running dualboot flawlessly since I upgraded to windows 8.1 and accidentaly erased the small disk partition during the install. (I thought it wasn´t important)

Now I can boot Win8.1 normally but I can boot Maverics only with the installation flash drive.
- I cannot install Chameleon (I suppose that is why the partition on disk was there:banghead:)

Is there any way to fix it other than reinstalling maverics?
Any help appretiated

Why can't you install Chameleon/Chimera?

I can install it but when booting it just boots Windows 8. So I suppose it installs somewhere where it doesnt have any affect on booting

In chameleon wizard when I want to choose default boot partition it shows just one partition on my SSD (before this there were two partitions)

I can install it but when booting it just boots Windows 8. So I suppose it installs somewhere where it doesnt have any affect on booting

In chameleon wizard when I want to choose default boot partition it shows just one partition on my SSD (before this there were two partitions)

This is dual boot on same HDD, yes?
Boot OS X, open terminal type diskutil list and hit enter. Post pic of results.
Boot Win8, open disk partition management tool, take a pic of the disk structure as Win8 sees it and post.

This is dual boot on same HDD, yes?
Boot OS X, open terminal type diskutil list and hit enter. Post pic of results.
Boot Win8, open disk partition management tool, take a pic of the disk structure as Win8 sees it and post.

You´re right. 2 systems on 1 disk.
There is a picture from windows. I´ll post a screeen from MacOS later, cause I don´t have the installation flash drive with me now

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 108
Screen from mac here.

The second disk is my data disk (One partition for win and other for MacOS - but no OS on it)
The third one is installation flash drive

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 5.42.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 5.42.23 PM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 104
You are having a version of the Boot0 error. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html for possible methods to fix.

I had best results with cloning OS X partition to another drive, booting the clone drive, and running the Chimera stand alone installer pointed back at the original install.

How to clone a disk please?

You are having a version of the Boot0 error. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html for possible methods to fix.

I had best results with cloning OS X partition to another drive, booting the clone drive, and running the Chimera stand alone installer pointed back at the original install.

I have tried that and it didn't help :(

I found out that if I remove my secondary HDD it works as it should. But if I put it back in only Windows boot and when windows boot it asks which partition of windows 8.1 to boot (one is working and the second not).

I even reinstalled both OS. Is there a way to get this working? (SSD two partitions and two OS + HDD two partitions to store data)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back