Contribute
Register

OS X Mountain Lion Will Cost $19.99 - Shipping in July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping that there would be a new line of MacBooks. Not the Air or the Pro so I could pick up a newer one but Apple has completely dropped off the entry level MacBooks.. WTF!! :thumbdown:

snugglez64 said:
I was hoping that there would be a new line of MacBooks. Not the Air or the Pro so I could pick up a newer one but Apple has completely dropped off the entry level MacBooks.. WTF!! :thumbdown:
I do not think Apple will ever make such a line of products.

orestesdd said:
snugglez64 said:

They did have such a line of products. They dropped it off their site with the release of the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. No more MacBook.

There used to be a plastic white and a plastic black. Then just plastic white... Now Nothing!

So we can all wave goodbye to the 13" MacBook and 17" MacBook Pro. :wave:

I guess this is upgrade price... what will be the cost for fresh install ?

I'm figuring that they'll charge around the same price for the USB install media for Mountain Lion as they did for Lion, maybe 10 bucks less since it's going to sell for 19.99 from the app store.

snugglez64 said:
orestesdd said:
snugglez64 said:

They did have such a line of products. They dropped it off their site with the release of the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. No more MacBook.

There used to be a plastic white and a plastic black. Then just plastic white... Now Nothing!

So we can all wave goodbye to the 13" MacBook and 17" MacBook Pro. :wave:

They got rid of the plastic MacBooks a while ago. Almost a year ago.

sana123 said:

1. Buy Snow Leopard Retail DVD: $30
2. Install Snow Leopard and upgrade to 10.6.6
3. Buy Mountain Lion App: $20

Total Cost: $50

Does this mean Snow Leopard will cease to be sold? I'm not sure I like where newer OS'es are going, Windows8 included.

tonymacx86 said:
sana123 said:

1. Buy Snow Leopard Retail DVD: $30
2. Install Snow Leopard and upgrade to 10.6.6
3. Buy Mountain Lion App: $20

Total Cost: $50

This is exactly what I plan to do. Since I already paid for the SL Retail DVD, I only have to buy the ML from the AppStore later on in July. I am still waiting to collect a few of my parts to start my build which I hope to start before the end of June. I am glad Apple is doing this.

Are we sure it's only an upgrade version? I mean Lion initially could only be bought on 10.6.6 so they said you had to have Snow Leopard to get Lion. That was for a full version of lion so is not going to be the same for ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back