Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 2 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to Beta 2 and lost audio. But everything else is running great.

I am wondering if there is a way to get the hard drive to boot on its own with going through the entire

installation process again. Thanks

After installing Beta 2 I tried to install the driver again for audio, but Multibeast 7.4 just keeps "closing unexpectantly" now.

I will just have to wait. Multicast worked fine in Beta 1.

It should say Multicast not multicast.

I updated to Beta 2 and lost audio. But everything else is running great.

I am wondering if there is a way to get the hard drive to boot on its own with going through the entire

installation process again. Thanks

If you have clover 3241 you dont need the usb to boot, actually if you were already running the latest clover you wouldnt have needed to put clover on usb anyway, unless you did a whipe install, but then too i guess it depends on your system

Thanks everyone! Booting into single-user mode and copying the kexts over to S/L/E worked perfectly.

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 2 Reboot At Restart

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 2 Crashes On Restart And Reboot

I had this problem, the second time i tried, had to download it again it worked fine.

It starts with a nice new transition when booted.

Also they fixed the email reply icon.

When you reply to an email mac mail puts a replied icon, this was not in beta 1

But they have now fixed it in beta 2

Im testing other things.

Predictive text seems still very heavy and suggesting crazy words

The font seems to still be a bit wide in macmail. However font issues system wide seem to be fixed.

Last edited:
do you have that written on how to do that in single user?

Sure thing. I basically used the instructions posted by 5cl3m4x5 here. Start by booting into single user mode by using the -s flag. You should end up logged in as root with a bash command prompt.

First mount the boot drive by running:

Code:
mount -uw /

Then navigate to your kexts folder. You can go directly to your EFI partition to get them but I found that to be a pain because diskutil isn't available in single user mode and it seemed like the upgrade overwrote some things. Instead I put a copy of my kexts on the desktop before upgrading and then cd over to that folder using:

Code:
cd /Users/<your username>/Desktop

If you run ls you should see a list of your kexts there. For me it was just FakeSMC (the important one), my ethernet kext and my powermanagement kext. Then you just use the cp command to copy them over to the /S/L/E folder (do this for each kext):

Code:
cp -R <kextname>.kext /System/Library/Extensions/<kextname>.kext

Finally, reboot and use the -f flag to flush the caches. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back