Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 2 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeaa beta 2 is a no go. I started getting a sound assertion error after the reboot from the b2 installing, b1 wasnt as bad, just had to move all my kext's (lan, hdmi, and the usual nullcpu, etc) to the clover folder to get them working again, not sure what's up with b2 and of all things for it to be a sound issue, but who knows could be something with my .plist, i'll figure it eventually

Changes in this version do not allow kexts to be loaded from an EFI partition. This is the reason why many users cannot boot. Move your kexts (especially FakeSMC.kext) to /S/L/E and repair permissions. You should be able to boot again.

Yeah I thought this was the case. What an effing pain. Looks like trim support through clover patching is still going strong, fortunately.

Changes in this version do not allow kexts to be loaded from an EFI partition. This is the reason why many users cannot boot. Move your kexts (especially FakeSMC.kext) to /S/L/E and repair permissions. You should be able to boot again.

Thank you for the info. I had a working Clover installation and could boot after this update because of "kexts not being loaded".

With kexts in S/L/E everything works perfectly, installed and rebooted. Needed a direct link though as the App Store wouldn't give me the update even though I enrolled in beta program and got PB1 from App Store. No idea why.

Yeah I thought this was the case. What an effing pain. Looks like trim support through clover patching is still going strong, fortunately.

In El Capitan, you do not need to use patching to enable trim support. Simply run the command "sudo trimforce enable". Apple is now allowing trim support on 3rd party SSD's.

With kexts in S/L/E everything works perfectly, installed and rebooted. Needed a direct link though as the App Store wouldn't give me the update even though I enrolled in beta program and got PB1 from App Store. No idea why.

Yeah The kext injecting don't work :/, just boot in single-user mode and run
Code:
mount -uw /
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mount_msdos /dev/disk*s* /Volumes/EFI
cp -r /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
exit
You have to replace disk*s* with your EFI partition and do the cp command with all the kexts you need.
Then boot with flag -f to flush the caches and you should be good ;)
I'm sure Slice will update Clover soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back