Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 2 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
so for the sake of simplicity what's the easiest way to go about loading b2? should i move my kext's to s/l/e and then update? or should i just wait until the next clover release? not that i have alot of kexts anyway, all i need for mine, is my ethernet, hdmi audio, (which works on reg install anyway from a script), fakesmc, and nullcpu (which im not enirely sure that its neccessary either since mine is recognized as 27" imac late 2013)

Does anyone know if WebDriver-346.03.01b06.pkg is working with this build?

Yep. These beta drivers only check for builds that start with "15A," so they will probably keep working for most of the beta builds throughout the summer.

so for the sake of simplicity what's the easiest way to go about loading b2? should i move my kext's to s/l/e and then update? or should i just wait until the next clover release? not that i have alot of kexts anyway, all i need for mine, is my ethernet, hdmi audio, (which works on reg install anyway from a script), fakesmc, and nullcpu (which im not enirely sure that its neccessary either since mine is recognized as 27" imac late 2013)

Yeah copy them before update and repair permissions with some Kext Utility, I'd additionally check the Clover config to set the Inject Kexts to false.
If you're not sure of what you do just make a backup or wait for a fix.

I just have two kexts, wi-fi and FakeSMC, both in S/L/E. I installed the NVidia drivers in first beta and they still work. In fact upgrade was completely painless and I had no problems whatsoever.

Yeah copy them before update and repair permissions with some Kext Utility, I'd additionally check the Clover config to set the Inject Kexts to false.
If you're not sure of what you do just make a backup or wait for a fix.

good to know, i'll experiment with it today and see what happens, push comes to shove, i can always roll back, plus i have a time machine if i really really have to start over

Could not have it downloaded. I click Restart and after it comes back, still shows there is an update, and ask me to restart. It also shows that beta 2 was installed, but actually it does not, not even downloaded.

Is that because the beta 1 installation file was downloaded from another computer? Any workaround?

i got beta 2 bootable but my kexts arent working, my hdmi audio script doesnt work and neither does my lan kext, i assume fakesmc is working since i can boot, i tried s/l/e but to no avail they dont work, so i guess i'll have to wait for the next clover update:beachball::beachball:

so I've got my kexts in S/L/E

I've installed beta2 and when it reboots its black screen and the spinning wheel and a mouse curser forgot 2 seconds, then flashes off. then comes back again like its stuck in a loop.

Ant ideas? beta 1 was fine.

Matt

It appears its graphics related.

Removed my Nvidia card, 520GT and booted first time with the onboard graphics.

Any ideas?

Matt

edit, replaced the 520GT with a 640GT and it works fine, must be summit with the 520, yet it worked with yosmite and Beta1 of El Capitan.

Matt

Running GA-Z97x-UD3H and Intel 4600 graphics.

Installed and everything is running great. Internet and sound. Haven't tried anything else yet.

But I have to have the Clover USB thumb drive connected to boot. I could probably live with that,

but was wondering how could I boot without it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back