Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wise to enable TRIM on the Samsung 950 Pro under El Capitan or should I leave it as it is? It's my boot drive, if that matters.

I have TRIM enabled on the M.2 NVMe Samsung 950 in my Gene build. (Actually, using the Apple trimforce command, all SSDs will be using TRIM.) Unless a SSD's manufacturer's recommends not to use TRIM, it's almost implied that you'll be using TRIM to maintain the SSD(s).

Why would that be better than updating a Clover patch? It's cleaner and doesn't imply the deletion of any kext. Am I wrong?

Why would that be better than updating a Clover patch? It's cleaner and doesn't imply the deletion of any kext. Am I wrong?

Did you read the README? Your question is answered there quite early...

Thank you for the hard work, RehabMan, but it's still a massive pain in the ass to update each damn time. Is it completely impossible to make a kext that locates and identifies the ID entries of IONVMeFamily.kext and patches them on the flight? Why are they making it so miserable for hackintoshers? The lack of a specific "one for all" kext is also the enormous pain in updating, cloning the partition twice and patching... Is there anything in the horizon to address that?

Thank you for the hard work, RehabMan, but it's still a massive pain in the ass to update each damn time. Is it completely impossible to make a kext that locates and identifies the ID entries of IONVMeFamily.kext and patches them on the flight?

Unfortunately, the process of determining the correct patches and testing they are valid require the human brain.

Why are they making it so miserable for hackintoshers?

Who is "they"?

Why are they making it so miserable for hackintoshers?...
Apple only supports what they produce/sell. Apple uses a modified version of the NVMe standard for their MacBooks. Thus, they don't have to do you any favors unless you own a MB.

Can I now also BOOT off of NVME m.2? I'm considering a build with the ROG rampage iii hero and the Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back