Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9 Mavericks on Lenovo ThinkPad X220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got most things work with

>>EDIT: Using ApplePS2Controller and AppleACIPS2Nub from here got my TrackPoint working without the dragging issue linked to above: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=105334

>>EDIT: Battery status is working with these: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1204...-no-need-dsdt/

The only this left is brightness control for the main display, pause-scroll works only for the cinema connected

If you installed a replacement AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get your battery status working, you should be aware that it breaks Ivy Bridge power management... Thus DSDT patches and use of stock AppleACPIPlatform.

Good day, can you please help with idea how to fix bluetooth on/off , the guide like _http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=353 didn't help

the correct idVendor: 0x0A5C (Broadcom Corp.)
idProduct: 0x217F

that was simple

Product ID: 0x217F
Vendor ID: 0x0A5C

Convert the hexadecimal values to decimal with searching in google. like '0x217F in decimal'. In my case it's:

Product ID: 8575
Vendor ID: 2652

Now open Finder, choose Go/Go to Folder and paste this location:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/

Then open the file 'Info.plist' in editor and scroll down to the bottom of the file. I added this block:

<key>ThinkPad x220 Bluetooth</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8575</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

Just by replacing idProduct 8575 and save the Info.plist solved the problem after reboot! Don't forget to rebuild kext cache

Bluetooth on/off with x220 hackintosh on mavericks now works

works ok with 10.9.2 after update

Buddy, could you boot x220 with hard disk??? for me, I can only boot it with usb stick, if boot it with hard disk, it will blocked at "Resetting IOcatalogue". How to fix it???? Any cues are welcome!!

Hi,

I think you format the harddisk as GUID Partition which the x220 bios is not able to boot, you have to format the harddisk as Master Boot Record and patch the Unibeast USB in order to boot it with chameleon/chimera.

Hi. not sure if that might have been the issue, as I could not install X.9 on an MBR partition table...
moved my ssd back to my macbook back then, which broke (due to water damage)
so I am playing on my desktop pc with the TM data from it

Wanted to thank Rehab Man and everyone here. Successful install of Mavericks on my friend's Lenovo x220. Modifying the installer is NOT a good idea. In order to get the disk to boot on the x220, I installed Mavericks with Unibeast as normal, then cloned the install to a MBR disk. Boots fine after a boot0 fix. Custom generated SSDT is fantastic, fully functioning. Just need to order a new Wireless card.

Thanks again!
-IC

I have a Thinkpad x230 this Notebook has a Whitelist on the bios, sadly here it is impossible to manipulate the bios to insert airport card that is not supported by lenovo but works on hackMac

so i need a lenovo card that works on the Hackintosh or a way to get the actual one running…
any suggestions?

at the moment i have a the Lenovo Card with Chipset RTL8188CE inside
but this card does not work

I have a Thinkpad x230 this Notebook has a Whitelist on the bios, sadly here it is impossible to manipulate the bios to insert airport card that is not supported by lenovo but works on hackMac

so i need a lenovo card that works on the Hackintosh or a way to get the actual one running…
any suggestions?

at the moment i have a the Lenovo Card with Chipset RTL8188CE inside
but this card does not work

You could look at rebranding a compatible card to pass the whitelist. It's what I did for my Lenovo u430.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back