Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9 Mavericks on Lenovo ThinkPad X220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, where can i get this card?
i searched for rebranded cards but can't find it. i read some blogs about do it myself and there are not so many with success…
best would be for me to buy one - but where can i get it?

best a card with bt and wlan handoff compatible:)

what about the ericson Wan Card did someone get it working?

Yes, where can i get this card?
i searched for rebranded cards but can't find it. i read some blogs about do it myself and there are not so many with success…
best would be for me to buy one - but where can i get it?

best a card with bt and wlan handoff compatible:)

I have purchased quite a few AR9280 on ebay for under $10 free shipping.

You can rebrand it after you get it. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide.html

Of course, you have to know what IDs your BIOS is expecting. The AR9280 does not have BT.
The AR9285 has BT but it is poor. You would need to go Broadcom for handoff. I have not found a Broadcom rebranding guide/tools.

You could also look into flashing an unlocked BIOS that disables the WiFi whitelist. In the case of my u430, doing that would require removing the chip from the motherboard and flashing with an external programmer. Thus why so far, I'm sticking with the WiFi only AR9280.

Hi,

I just installed the same Bluetooth dongle inside my Thinkpad X220 and the <idProduct> alteration seemed to work.

However, when I rebooted the system, my VoodooPS2controller.kext no longer seemed to work, rendering my keyboard and trackpad useless.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.5

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Well, installed latest version of RehabMan VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Release from 10-16-2015) and my bluetooth and keyboard/trackpad are coexisting peacefully now ... thanks, RehabMan!

However, I can't seem to get the bluetooth to pair with my iPhone... not sure why. it pairs with a set of bluetooth headphones I have just fine.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know ... I <3 my X220!!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back